Bike rack for saloon/ coupe

furby-le

Im looking for a bike rack to fit my VW CC, as its a coupe ive not come across any before, does anyone have any experience in these as im sure someone with a octavia saloon would have encountered a similar issue?

Or are there any out there someone can recommend?

I would have thought that the only way would be a tow bar mounted one

It's the most expensive, but the best route as they are easiest to load on and off and don't damage the car.  The ones that hinge so you can access the boot are best, but the towbar, electrics, rack and light bar are going to cost £500-odd.

We had a Renault Modus with the superb Velofix rack (google it) and there was a similar set up on the Corsa IIRC.

I'm surprised this is not an option on more cars.

Ive seen the roof bars and bike rack which seems to be the best option. Dont want to go down the towbar route. Wondered if the saris bones racks would be any good?