Skoda fun rolling project.

fun pickup

Here she is my 2001 Skoda fun. Allways regretted selling my 99 V reg one so when offered one as tidy a this i just had to buy it even if it did mean a trip into Scotland and back to get it. The plan is as and when time allows to slowly return it back to original.

post-95442-0-65339300-1405779312_thumb.jpg

When purchased the rear light was allready broken. I'm quite shocked that these have allready been made obsolete scince 2011. Luckily the truck came with a spare, so I switched it over. The slight rust on the tailgate will be delt with once I move into my new unit in the next few months.

post-95442-0-85407100-1405779622_thumb.jpg

One of the slightly irritating things was the original wheels had gone AWOL. All the sets that I managed to source were far too expensive, then these turned up on ebay fairly local to me. The seller was also a fun owner so I got a Shot of both trucks together as its not an everyday sight.

SAM_0293_zps943593d7.jpg

SAM_0290_zps9486a3dd.jpg

Edited by fun pickup
  • Like 1

Been having a go with a re dying kit today on the steering wheel. At the moment the verdict is still out. Each coat does seem to be getting a little better, probably would get a better finish spraying it on rather than with the supplied applicator sponge. Photos will follow once finished.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...