Clicking Clutch.

g6zru

Hope you don't mind a question about a Seat Mii being posted here but I've always had good replies to my posts about my Roomster and both Yetis and there isn't a Mii forum!

My wife took exception to the Citigo and then uncountably bought the Mii 75ps Sport! 

She's very happy with it but the novelty has now worn off and she's now asking questions like "what does this do?" and "what was that noise?".

The latest question is about the clutch action, often when she releases the clutch and just before it's completely released there is a click, as if the pedal is catching on something.

I've looked but there's nothing to be seen. The car has only done 300 miles so possibly it will bed down but I said I'd ask here as someone would be sure to give an answer.

So, no pressure guys but can anyone give an answer that will allow me retain my street cred?

Fred

Yes a common fault with these. Lots of threads on the UP forum about it too. Some have it and some don't. Skoda say it's a characteristic of the car with no known repair. If you report it they will do nothing about and just fob you off.

Mines on nearly 13000 now and I don't have this at the moment.

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

There are a couple of different clicks - a faint one when you release the pedal and a louder one that feels like the pedal is getting caught when pressed.

The first is the self-adjuster, according to VW and is normal. The second, in my case, was the pivot point and was known to the dealer and fixed under warranty with a new pedal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the replies, it seems that the general consensus is that VAG don't accept that it is a problem. My wife has decided to take it back to the dealer to see what response she gets.

Fred