Octavia III - Rough Road Package

Hi,

I heard about this optional package "Rough Road Package" for the latest Octavia 2015 Model and I wonder what do you think about. I read that it increases 0.6inch the bottom height (which is good to avoid touching the back side after a Speed Bumps, and also against stones), and it makes the suspension a bit harder for when you heady load the back side.

But my concern is if it will decrease the comfort of the car and/or hear more exterior noise due it.

Any experience on it? Is it noticeable?

Thanks a lot in advance by your sharing’s!

My car has RRP, recently spent 3 days in a 'normal' 1.6TDi Elegance Estate in Norway. Bar sitting on the other side (and not liking the DSG that much) there was no discernible difference in terms of noise or ride quality.

Niall

• Like 1

Mine has a RRP and therefore '16-rims.

I would say that the ride was a bit harsh during the first 500-1000km, which I account on the brand new tyres and brakes. Since then the car has become significantly more comfortable, but it should be noted that mine also has the multi-link suspension at the back (not the standard torsion beam).This combined with the longer wheel base compared to the previous generation makes for the feeling of an upper class ride.

And yes, it carries weight better - my old Octy 2 fully loaded was heading its nose to the sky, while this is much more balanced :). Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Elegance 1.6 4x4 with RRP have been driving abt 2500 kms in 6 weeks, 1000 of them with full load. I think the ride has gotten better after 1000-1500 km. Been driving on both curved Norwegian roads and straight Danish motorways with and without full load. Even drove it on some danish beaches and think the extra ride height is great. It will handle speed bumps great and does not smash the front bumper when parking into a pavement as it will go over the bricks/concrete/edges.

My now departed Octy III also had the RRP and like others have said there are no drawbacks to having it just benefits; shame the car was that uncomfortable for me anyway, that I had to let it go in the end, real nice car otherwise :(

TP