Thin paint? Got quite a few chips already!

....but they also polish easily if you do scratch the B pillars...Finishing polish ...........with a small finishing pad

This is true but if they were harder to start with they would require less frequent correction. I'm guessing the dealer put the swirls in mine before I picked it up as I've been very careful with it regarding them.

• Like 1

....but they also polish easily if you do scratch the B pillars...Finishing polish ...........with a small finishing pad

Have you found anything that helps protect them? I will do the whole car in wolfgang deep gloss sealant when I collect it....hopefully adds enough so it doesnt scratch.

Interesting to hear comments comparing MkIII paint with MkII. I would be interested to hear if anyone has average paint thickness measurements for the MkI Octy cos I recall mine seemed to have hardly any stone chips but the one or two it did get were down to primer and were quite deep, hence my original comment. My MkIII is looking worse after 14 months than the MkI looked after 7 years.

Sent from my RM-885_eu_euro1_271 using Tapatalk

I understand the blue end of the spectrum is softer which may account for my problem, so need to go for reds for a harder finish in future, not sure if this applies to metallics with lacquer or just solid colours?

Sent from my RM-885_eu_euro1_271 using Tapatalk