Need urgent help...

I have a weird issue with my glow light function. When the key is only switched to on position the glow light flashes, but after starting it goes away. However, while driving if I accelerate the car the car just cuts off as if something hit it from behind and in dashboard the glow light pops up when it happens. The dealer said it has to do with radiator fan, and they changed but the problem is not fixed. I knew it wasn't the radiator fan issue since the car didn't have any heating issue. I have video to upload but it only allows 2mb. Please if any advice would be great. The car has 16000kms only.

post-56821-0-32423400-1406358134_thumb.png

Edited by Hemant
  • Like 1

It would do on both. When driving if I accelerate or the rpm reaches high will just cut off. As you can in the pics while stationary when I Rev high it will cut it too.

Sent from my SHV-E210S using Tapatalk

Dealer said was issue with radiator fan, they change it but nothing change and that fan cost me a lot.

@whitep are you sure about that? So should I ask them to put back my old radiator fan. It just feels like I wasted money for nothing.

I had a similar issue with my vrs though mine is a petrol so it may/may not be the same - perhaps someone else could advise?

The revs would build then suddenly feel like they hit the rev limit quite low, it felt like you'd hit the brakes or sometimes cut out altogether. Each time engine light came on, sometimes I lost rev counter and even power steering once!!

I replaced the can sensor and crank sensor myself quite cheaply (though it was a pain being the petrol turbo). No more problems.

If the car has a warranty I would be shoving it back to the dealer though, but maybe suggest the above.......but as I say diesels aren't my forte.

That symbol is engine management. It hqs gone into limp mode. They should have scanned it 1st instead of throwing parts at it . Get them to scan it for free as they had you change the fan for no reason. Only then can you tell the fault. I got myself a code reader for £30 on ebay as tired of dealer giving me the run around.

They did scanned it and said the fault was in radiator fan not working. I told them it wasn't a fan but they told thats what code showed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tomorrow i will ask them to show me the code, if that helps i will be back here. I will also ask them to put back my old fan and refund my money. Maybe will ask them to clean the throttle too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk