Octavia III A/C Compressor

SkodaMies

It was YOU that posted the link not me. As it appears that it is only YOU that has this problem I suggest there is a problem with your car, probably the humidity sensor, and what you've done has just fudged the issue. I'm out.

Has anyone actually verified this using the measuring blocks in VCDS to observe what the compressor is doing?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If I remember right there is at least one which shows how much torque compressor wants from the engine.

It was YOU that posted the link not me. As it appears that it is only YOU that has this problem I suggest there is a problem with your car, probably the humidity sensor, and what you've done has just fudged the issue. I'm out.

I won't won't start to argue. I know that my car was suffering from excessive humidity but I got rid of it with the VCDS. And I also know it has not a faulty humidity sensor. End of a story.

Here's a video. Outside temp 15.5C inside 20C, Climatronic Auto position and compressor is off.

http://youtu.be/qkv5VQDj3Tc

It wasn't off during the defrost which is correct.

It is off when put back to auto as it's heating air as outside is colder so you don't need the compressor with a car up to temp or requiring incoming air to be heated.

It appears you have an issue with your heating system. Either a sensor or the motorised flaps.

Are all vents open? Have you made any adjustments to the boot?

Compressor stayed on about three minutes after defrost. There's nothing wrong with the heating, cooling or the flaps. Only thing that annoyed me was insufficient dehumidifying. It started to dehumidify at some point but way too late to my taste.

I really don"t know why is it so hard to understand what is the problem and what I am trying to tell. Maybe most of the people don't think that moist air inside of a car is a problem? Even I don't mind it if I jump in the car and the humidity level inside is same as outside. But once the car has dryed the air and then again starts to blow moist air in, then it feels very uncomfortable.

English is not my native language, so I'm not sure if I can point it out right what I am trying to say.

Compressor stayed on about three minutes after defrost. There's nothing wrong with the heating, cooling or the flaps. Only thing that annoyed me was insufficient dehumidifying. It started to dehumidify at some point but way too late to my taste.

I really don"t know why is it so hard to understand what is the problem and what I am trying to tell. Maybe most of the people don't think that moist air inside of a car is a problem? Even I don't mind it if I jump in the car and the humidity level inside is same as outside. But once the car has dryed the air and then again starts to blow moist air in, then it feels very uncomfortable.

English is not my native language, so I'm not sure if I can point it out right what I am trying to say.

Out of interest, what is your air-con profile set to in the Climatronic setup and do you have automatic recirculation enabled or not?

• 3 weeks later...

I looked the HVAC measuring values today. First I changed everything back to it's original state, meaning that the Compressor CO2 Reduction was ON. When the compressor stopped running, measuring values looked like this:

imagejpg1-4.jpg

So the compressor really shuts off and there is a reason for that. Then I turned the CO2 Reduction OFF, and the compressor kept running. I still don't like humid air inside my car ;)

Edited by SkodaMies

• 1 year later...

Recently I'm facing with steamy windows problem. Also I realized that compressor doesn't work when I set Climatronic to Auto + AC mode. I've made autoscan with VCDS and there were no errors. So I performed some HVAC measuring and here is what I got:

Address 08: Auto HVAC  (5E0 907 044 L)

19:24:42
  029   Compressor current; actual value 0.000 A
  030   Compressor current; specified value 0.000 A
  031   Compressor load 0.5 Nm
  032   Compressor shut-off condition; last Outside air temperature too low 
  082   Engine speed 700 /min
  092   Humidity sensor; internal-Dew point 1.6 °C
  093   Humidity sensor; internal-Windshield temperature 211.8 °C
  094   Humidity sensor; internal-Sensor temperature 6666.5 °C
  095   Humidity sensor; internal-Relative humidity 12872.0 %
  118   Interior temperature 20.3 °C
  186   Refrigerant pressure 4.0 bar

What do you think? Humidity sensor is broken for sure, but what about some low refrigerant pressure?

Could someone be so kind and paste here his HVAC measuring values for loc. numbers: 092,093,094,095? I don't know if mine are incorrect, because it's strange that I have Internal-Relative humidity at the level of 18471.5%?