Dent Arrrrgh!

So..... I switch the power washer on and out pops the wand straight into the corner of the roof line, the thin body of metal that runs above the doors adjoining the roof I now have my first collateral damage on my new vRS. I thought I might be able to get it to a dent guy with the rods so he can tease it out, but on further inspection, pulling out the roof lining from the rubber seal with the back door open it appears there is too much extra reinforcing steel in order to get any rods to the dent. An angled one might do it, but not sure. Green dot indicates area :-( Next question is, can it be pulled or will it have to be filled and painted at stupid expense? I do not have the car at the moment so cannot take a photy of offending ding, but it is a small indent, just big enough to pI$$ me off. Thoughts anyone??dent_zpsc3757dc9.jpg

I don't think a dent in this area can be pulled. I had my baby (1.8TSI DSG Eleganced) caught in a hailstorm, had over 100 dents. Most were pulled, but the ones close to bends and on chrome linings had to stay. Well I just have to live with them now :(

Mine was done without dissambling the lining using a glue gun technique. The spec said it's not good to remove plastics/linings in a new car, as they tend to rattle sooner or later.

Edited by macaaron

Be thankfull that my wife does not drive your car. I have two kerbed alloys, one golf ball shaped door dent and a badly scuffed and creaed rear bumper after she forget to put the hand brake on and watched it roll out of my drive and into another car. All of this is cosmetic and will be fixed, but the first dent is always the hardest to take. I have had my car for 4 months.

I can see why that would be annoying, it's quite an exposed location that's in your field of view as you walk by the car so not like one low down on the body work.

Also what kind of power washer doesn't make it clear that the wand is firmly attached? I've got a Karcher and you can see it is locked in place which I quite like.

I can see why that would be annoying, it's quite an exposed location that's in your field of view as you walk by the car so not like one low down on the body work.

My stupid fault it's a Nilfisk. Just failed to lock it in

Also what kind of power washer doesn't make it clear that the wand is firmly attached? I've got a Karcher and you can see it is locked in place which I quite like.

I had a dent in exactly the same place on a Civic pulled out by a dent man, he glued a plastic peg onto the paint and pulled it out. Was perfect afterwards.

This is one of the reasons a sponge is enough to clean a car - for me!

Some creative solutions to your problem in this thread that I hadn't considered, hope one of them sorts your problem!