Bluetooth Audio drops out

I've been linking my Samsung Galaxy to my Amundsen and playing tracks over Bluetooth, but it's annoyingly cutting out for 1/2 a second or so every so often. Sometimes it's really bad, other times it's fine.

I've had a search, but can't find anything similar on here. Any ideas?

I've been linking my Samsung Galaxy to my Amundsen and playing tracks over Bluetooth, but it's annoyingly cutting out for 1/2 a second or so every so often. Sometimes it's really bad, other times it's fine.

I've had a search, but can't find anything similar on here. Any ideas?

Mine has started to do this on my iPhone cuts out a lot, not every so often. Was OK when I picked up the car. Thinking as I write this it may of started when I paired my work phone ( total paired 2) but can't see why that would cause the issue.

I had this issue with my Note 3 initially but I don't think it's happened since:

1. I keep the phone in the compartment below the Amundsen unit &

2. I keep the Bluetooth volume at max on my phone.

Mine has started to do this on my iPhone cuts out a lot, not every so often. Was OK when I picked up the car. Thinking as I write this it may of started when I paired my work phone ( total paired 2) but can't see why that would cause the issue.

My iPhone was fine on the Citigo PID bluetooth until I added the Mrs' iPhone to it as well, now it drops out for a second or so every now and again. So may be related to a second phone being paired (different car/unit obviously though).

I've been told that it may be the phone searching for WiFi networks. I tried disabling WiFi on the way to work this morning and it was much much better. Worth a try folks?

Edited by CBMotorsport

I find that if, when you set off, you actually start the music from the phone rather than by 'picking up where you left off' via the head unit the streaming is much more stable. You may already be doing this (if so please ignore me!) but I find that if the thing syncs up with my phone and I start the music by hitting play on the Amundsen then it cuts out loads and seemingly at random.

Also as gt40 says it seems to work much better when the phone is in the cubby in front of the gearstick rather than in my pocket, presumably because my handsome muscular thigh is too granite-solid (or more accurately, my arse is too fat) for the bluetooth signal to get through.

After a day or two of trying it with WiFi disabled, I'm pretty sure that this is the problem, at least it is in my case. The streaming is really good without WiFi on, and pretty poor the minute I enable it. Bit of a pain to turn it on and off all the time, but at least I can listen to music happily now.

I noticed my car doing it with my iPhone but only when I left the phone in my pocket, with it in the compartment below the USB port Ive had no issues since.

After a day or two of trying it with WiFi disabled, I'm pretty sure that this is the problem, at least it is in my case. The streaming is really good without WiFi on, and pretty poor the minute I enable it. Bit of a pain to turn it on and off all the time, but at least I can listen to music happily now.

Try keeping WiFi on, but setting network notifications off.

Have you got Tasker installed on your phone? 

It should be easy to write a basic task to switch off wi-fi when you connect to your cars bluetooth (and switch it back on when you disconnect). I'll have a play - if I sort it out I can do a walk through or guide for you to set it up yourself.

Edit: simple job and tested working in my loaner Skoda. A short video walk-through of installing Tasker (it's a paid app, but it's gold) and writing the "task" uploading to youtube now - will add the link when it's ready.

Edited by kitset

Pleasure. The fix was easy - you finding out that it was the wifi looking for signal that was screwing it up was the hard part!  

Yesterday was the first time I'd used bluetooth to play music (Spotify) from my phone to the Skoda and I noticed the short gaps every now and again. I remembered seeing you post on the topic so looked it up when I got home.  I'm now seeing the power of the forum and the "hive mind"!

Just thought I'd update this. My bluetooth connection continued to be a pain, and continually drop out to the point where listening to music via bluetooth just wasn't pleasurable. Despite disabling WiFi, which I thought was the fix.

As I was due an upgrade I've changed my phone from the Samsung S3 to an HTC One M8, and the difference is night and day. The HTC provides a faultless stream via bluetooth, it's superb. If all else fails folks, it might be new phone time. :-)

• Like 1

My galaxy s3 does it alot, and the wifi is off. There are a few phones paired, but my old HTC desire doesn't do this at all. Its almost as if the phone is stuttering the playback on the galaxy, as if its always loading something. I think it may be when its going between phone masts, or between 3g and 2g. Despite having the playlists downloaded on spotify, poor signal areas seem to make it stutter more.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I had an Xperia Z3, ans had no problem on my Octavia with Amundsen, now I changed my Smartphone for a Vivo NEX S, this is an high end smartphone with all best current chip inside, and I have thoses random micro cuts problems, and that really boring me and remove all pleasure from listening music in my car...

My wifi is always disconnected, and i tester alot of stuff, chnaged position pf the phone etc, nothing change, I have thoses micro cut....

My Amundsen system is on version 0435, and look like there more recent version avaible, but it's a real war to find thoses update without going on a Skoda reseller ....

So, ill have to try this, but if any of you have another solution, help me

Thanks

Edited by Astrolunaire

Try accessing developer mode.

Settings - About Phone - Software Information - Build (Tap x5 or x6), go back to the settings screen and scroll down to the bottom and you will (should) find Developer Options.

In developer options, scroll down to Networking and then about ½ way down you'll find a whole load of options for Bluetooth such as:

AVRCP Version - 1.4 (Default), 1.5, 1.6

Bluetooth Codec - SBC, AAC, aptx, LDAC, Scalable Codec, All Codecs, Default Codec + One that should be phone specific

Bluetooth Audio Sample Rate - Default, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96.0kHz

Bluetooth Bits Per Sample - Default, 16, 24, 32 bits per sample

Bluetooth Channel Mode - Default, Mono, Stereo

Bluetooth Audio LDAC (Playback Quality) - Optimised for Audio Quality (990kbps/909kbps), Balanced Audio/Connection (660/606) , Connection Quality (330/303), Best Effort (Adaptive)

Try playing with these and see if anything improves. 

THIS IS FOR ANDROID ONLY.