Good Yeti alternative from VW?

kibby

Sorry, the point that I was trying to make is that the Octy 4x4 has the same floor level as the 2wd version. So, presumanbly, the Haldex doesn't take up too much space. So, why does the floor in the Yeti have to be higher, in case it had Haldex?

Again do you have the spare wheel set in the yeti? I had a Octavia vrs and I ordered the spare wheel kit, which was basically a full size 16" wheel with a insert for the Jack etc. When I placed the wheel into the tyre well , it was level with the boot floor and I laid the floor liner directly over the top.

Now I got the yeti, with the spare wheel set, again a full size 16" tyre , however as the tyre well is more shallow, the tyre protrudes above the tyre well, which means the boot liner rests on the tyre,and not across the boot floor, so with the spare tyre pack, you get polystyrene inserts to go around the tyre,to create a level base for the boot liner. You also will have a modified boot liner with flaps that be opened to access storage space in the polystyrene inserts.

However what this means, is the boot level is raised to accommodate the tyre and inserts, and therefore the boot floor is level with the lip of the boot.

This is only thing I find issue with the yeti, as I was used to the huge boot in the Octavia,but I rather have the spare wheel, than not have it. Hope this clears the issue

Hi Kibby,

The VWAF forum at http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?420-Golf-SV is certainly very quiet (as is their Golf Plus forum) but Golf SVs are selling like hot cakes in France and their forum at http://www.forum-auto.com/marques/volkswagen/sujet21101.htm is very busy if you can read French. I think I read there that 20% of Golf sales are now Golf SVs!

Chris

Compared with the Yeti in the SV with the seat adjusted to it's highest position if you need the seat also

fully forward as well you can get a bit too much of a view of the headlining, but must say it's not difficult

to get a good position as there is more adjustment range than the Yeti.

Doesn't effect us though as we don't need this seat adjustment arrangement.

Would expect this effect on most cars that are fairly aero-dynamically efficient.

This 'view of the headlining' is due to the more raked windscreen on the SV than the Yeti.

Edited by kibby