Maxidot retrofit on VRS

Hi all,

I have got my hands on a 2nd hand instrument cluster part no 1Z0 920 842J, it's a KM/H one with Maxidot. My car is a PD engine mark 2 VRS. I'm in Ireland and just wondering if that part number is for the PD engine. I've read somewhere on here that if it turns out to be from a CR engine it won't be possible. Anyone be able to shed any light on this? Do I have the right one? Also I presume a Skoda garage won't touch this. Anyone in Ireland know anyone who is able to do the job? Or even if there's somewhere in the UK that's not too far of a drive from Holyhead that could do it? That's if it's even possible.

That is certainly a CR cluster -- it is the same part number that I originally bought for my 54 plate, and it was not compatible with mine. You will need to source a cluster from a PD engined donor car. Sorry!

@Phil - yes the standard cluster for the Octavia with Elegance style dials has suffix D, the VRS cluster with VRS style dials is suffix E.

Mike

Ah yes.

Forgot about the difference in the vRS dials... I personally don't like the vRS dials and prefer the normal ones.

Phil

• 1 month later...