Flip Key Upgrade

Using would of instead of would have mate ;)

I see

Some of these folk aren't half picky are they.

I blame writing how I speak, the Lancashire dialect doesn't put itself to paper very well [emoji17]

JRJG

• Like 1

What if the key looks like this?

skop.jpg

Has no buttons but when you put the key in the door and turn it, it unlocks all the doors similar to Central locking.

Think a 2/3 button flip key can be programmed to work?

If you have no remote, probably not. Look in the boot for the build codes and look through the thread on here to determine if rcl was specced when new. If just central locking then a remote cannot be coded to the ccm (central convenience module)

Same bloke and great service. He done mine

22163A4C-5BB7-45D6-AD08-06F9B2CAFDFD_zps

BBF7194B-3504-40D5-AB20-65AABB38280F_zps

Looks pretty nice ... but please excuse my curiosity. What's the purpose of a button for unlocking the boot of a hatchback if it doesn't really go all the way up? Does it unlock only the boot and then you have to push the button to open it and unlock the doors to get in or you have fitted a stiff spring somewhere to pop it up when it's unlocked and/or opened by remote?

• 3 weeks later...

I would of thought you'd need a different boot operating 'latch' / lock if you wanted anything to happen when you pressed the 'boot open' on the three button flip key. As currently the car won't have the ability to unlock just the boot.

I cannot imagine it being an easy process. Although I could be wrong.

This does actually work on my car. Got myself a fob of fleebay and programmed it to the car using old key in ignition trick. Boot now pops open when using the fob, although I'm going to need to clean / refurb or replace the motor unit on the latch as it's not working first time every time and sounds a little strained. Just need to get someone to code the immo chip so I can use the one key instead of having both on the key chain.