dpf delete error light

Hi guys if I fit a dpf delete pipe will the car constantly be in limp mode? The garage fitting the pipe is around 30 miles from where I will take car to have the code deleted and was just wondering

If you remove the DPF you must map out the sensors. Without doing this then at best the EML will be lit, at worst you'll have limp home mode.

Also be wary with a straight-through pipe. The MOT tester will be able to determine that the DPF is no longer present and will be able to fail it.

The more popular option is to remove the inards of the DPF and refit it. This way it is more difficult for the MOT tester to be able to prove the DPF is no longer fitted or working.

Another consideration is the insurance. It could be argued that the car has been moddified.

I drove mine a fair distance from the exhaust place to the guy I use for mapping and didn't get any lights or limp mode, but the pipe I had fitted still has all the sensors in place so it looks the part but this may also mean the sensors were reading in tolerance and not throwing a code. You should be fine though over that sort of distance as a one off.

Correct, it must look like it still has a DPF otherwise its an immediate fail of the MOT under current rules which is a visual inspection.

Future rules may include testing of the DPF, when they come in its going to get very expensive for those who have gutted their DPFs. Could be sooner than you think given the recent uproar with regard to diesel emissions.

This is another thing I need to check it needs to at least look like it has a dpf still for the mot is that Correct?

You also need to declare it to your insurer, who may not be happy that you have removed a part that is required to be present for the vehicle to be road legal and pass its MOT.