2012 Yeti Urban?

triple7

Hi, this is the paint blister...

paint_blister.JPG

And these are my wheels with the laquer issue...

wheel_1.png

wheel_2.png

wheel_3.png

It's gone into dealers today for the paint, wheels and faulty air con unit to be fixed. And I've got a Black Edition Roomster for the week for my trouble!

Those wheel centre need replacing as well!

Fred

Well, the Yeti is going in tomorrow to replace all roof strips and 2 Matterhorn wheels that have laquer issues. Both of the rear wheels funnily enough.

I have the dealer some details and information on the trouble codhead and others have had. They've rightly listened as they are sending the car to their bodyshop. We have a loan car until Monday but he is expecting us to have the yeti back Friday evening...

Let's see what happens...fingers crossed

Dropped the car off Thursday, collected at midday today.

All seems well.

2 new wheels on the rear to replace those affected with the laquer problem.

Roof strips look fine. I was told they hadn't had any major difficulty getting them off.

Hopefully these won't crack.

• 6 months later...

Time for an update.....

One of the replacement roof strips has cracked!!!!

The car is going in to get the lower doors sorted on Monday so I've asked them to remove the strips and leave them off.

Fingers crossed there's no damage when they remove them

Dropped the car off to get the lower doors sorted today.

They are going to look at the roof strips but he's told me that if they remove them the roof will need respraying so he is going to have to call the dealer to see what they say because I don't want the roof strips replacing.

Need some help !

As above, I have had a second set of roof strips crack so I want them removing completely. My car is still (just) under warranty.

The body shop have told me that the roof would need respraying if they do this which isn't a surprise.

I'm pretty sure one or two other urban owners on here have had the same done.

Was that authorised by skoda UK? Did you have to pay anything towards it.

Skoda UK are giving me the runaround saying all they will do is replace the roof strips. They will not authorise the removal of them and respray of the roof to make it right.

I have told them I won't accept that and I have asked for it to be passed to the supervisors to look at. It looks like I will get a call tomorrow.

Skoda uk are saying they have no record of authorising complete removal and respray of any other yeti urbans which surely can't be true unless you guys on here covered the cost yourself?

You could try and site "Fitness for purpose". The roof strips are clearly not up to the job, and as such when the warranty expires if these parts fail again they would have to replace them at no cost to you.

It would be cheaper for them in the long term to fully address the issue now.

Colin

Triple7 read Codheads thread on the other Yeti Forum,I think it is entitled " Urban Trim" he had the same problem as you and I am almost certain he persisted with Skoda UK to get the Roof strips removed and had the roof resprayed at their cost.

Tony

Thanks Tony .. I was pretty sure Codhead had his done. I was hoping he might come on and let me know how he got Skoda to agree to it but looking at his profile he hadn't been online for a few months.

Colin - I made the point that it'd be cheaper in the long run to just remove them now but thst didnt alter their decision.

I'll see what the supervisor has to say tomorrow.

Do I assume that they are fitted AFTER spraying? If so and SUK decline your advances have you considered a wrapping company or are you determined to get rid of them?

Fred

Fred - I just want rid of them now. I've had them replaced once and I'm 99% sure if they replace them a second time they are going to crack again.

I've sent codhead a PM but it looks like he isn't active on the site so not holding out much hope he'll see my email.

I have read through the thread on the yeti owners site.

Today I got no further with Skoda UK. They have told me they will replace the strips and that's all they are prepared to do.

Very frustrating.

If Theres anybody else on here with an Urban and they've had the strips removed and the roof resprayed as authorised by skoda uk please let me know.