odd tyres, can they cause pull

neiltaylorvrs

Hi guys I have a 2011 fabia vrs, I've noticed it pulling to the left, had tracking done, twice in fact, lastly by vw who said something must be bent or of line as they couldn't get the rear end to track properly as there's no adjustment??, it has two brand new maxxis tyres on the front, and on the back there's a margoni on one side and a budget on the other, all are pretty brand new, could the odd tyres be causing the pull? Thanks

Yes.

& on the front Tyres without the Suitable Run out lines can also cause pulling to the Left, or the right.

Your car has had lots of work recently,

?

Was there pulling to the Left before new tyres were fitted, & before Engines were in and out,

& was it tracking Checked of full Alignment that was done.?

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

Yes it was pulling before work was done, it's apparently had a new dsg box in,although it feels exactly the same as the other one (I thought they were adaptive), engine still original, it doesn't wander to left gradually, as you ease go the steering wheel it shifts immediately two or three inches to the left, dealer say they can't see anything, as I say, alignment done, so was hoping tyres would be the cause, I'll have to try maybe putting the front two onto the back a they are the same kind,vw said they thought something was out of line or bent all so slightly but can't see anything, they never mentioned the tyres, thanks

We've come across something we call "radial runout" quite a few times over the years. Basically it would be worth swapping your tyres from side to side and seeing if it makes a difference. If it does, you know it's the tyres, if it doesn't, it's more mechanical.

Make sure all the pressures are correct first though bud.

Apparently the tyres are directional at the back so can't be swapped over ,I'll have to wait till there bold lol

No harm in temp swapping them to see if it's the tyres though. Where dya live? Anywhere in suffolk?

No I'm in Cumbria mate, it's really annoying, as soon as I let go the wheel it moves about three inches anti clockwise, like something is out of line, great little car but just to many problems, I've had tracking done twice :-(

Get proper alignment done, castor, camber and toe, not just the tracking.

Look for someone with a Hunter setup, and a reputation. The closest I normally come to being "in Cumbria" is the M6, A66, and odd meals in Penrith or Tebay services.