New Octavia 1.8 DSG 4x4

Now they have twigged that diesels do pollute more than petrol, maybe I'll be able to replace my scout.

Everything seems to be diesel with just a few petrol versions available of anything. As I only do 7000 miles a year, petrol has to be the only choice - the 3.6 4x4 suberb looks interesting.

Anyone know if we can order a 4x4 petrol scout from abroad?

I think he is either cheating or getting paid by Skoda to promote close to official consumption figures :p

Joking. The figures are possible, only you need to be banned from all cities :)

• Like 1

Impressive. What kind of commuting you do to achieve this results?

Its mostly short drives to the store, and driving the kids around. but not much city driving.

1200km was on 1 week vacation with 3 kids and 2 adults and a fully loaded trunk. ended up on 7.9 on that trip

Normally we get about 6.5l/100km

All time low to work was 5.9l/100km but I almost went out and pushed the car by hand in all the hills.. LOL

I have a 2008 1,9 TDI dsg for commuting. Average last 5000km is 4.6l/100km on that one.

Its mostly short drives to the store, and driving the kids around. but not much city driving.

1200km was on 1 week vacation with 3 kids and 2 adults and a fully loaded trunk. ended up on 7.9 on that trip

Normally we get about 6.5l/100km

All time low to work was 5.9l/100km but I almost went out and pushed the car by hand in all the hills.. LOL

I have a 2008 1,9 TDI dsg for commuting. Average last 5000km is 4.6l/100km on that one.

Well I thought so. As i said, I'm living in the "red zone", where the bicycles are faster during the rush hour. I too managed to keep my VRS Tfsi with 250hp well below 7 litres on a long trip, but far from the city, and the highway too.

I will do some more research, I'm not in a hurry. Still have sell my present car.

Thanks guys for the info.

• Like 1