Late service

Ryeman

I've got myself boxed in with all the motorway driving associated with a move up-country with so little time and the service people 50km away.

I'm wondering just what they will forgive me as I'm approaching 16K in just 6 months which represents a full years driving for me.

It has involved 480km round trips on motorways at 90kph (GPS) -1750rpm so it's not had a hard time at all but certainly well run-in.

Any been in the same situation?

Was it an issue?

In the UK with a VAG Audi, I was told 1000miles or 1 month grace was allowed. Not sure how that translates to km's. Is the 'Service' light on? Are you on Variable or Fixed servicing intervals?

Dave

Your yeti will tell you when it requires a service, if the service in so many days/kilometers is not displaying yet then a service is not due yet. If you scroll down to vehicle status on the maxidot it will tell you how many days/kilometers till service.

I'm ringing the shepparton service dept tomorrow for a 'quickie' if it's possible and their attitude will determine my anxiety.

It's had mainly long 90kph cruising so shouldn't be too much of a problem as far as the engine is concerned more of a warranty voiding one.

Mine's just had its first service at about 18,000 miles - I was a bit worried that I'd gone a few hundred over the "service due" bong starting but the dealer assured me that there's a bit of leeway and there would be no repercussions.

I'd suggest you get yours booked in though, as Bilun's suggested.

In the UK you choose long-life or T&D servicing. Cars leave the factory with long life oil, so 1st service can be at 10k/1 year or when the computer indicates as LL interval is based on a number of parameters including, length of trips, engine loads, speeds and even how often the bonnet is opened!

• Like 1

I don't open the bonnet that often, levels don't move much at all other than washer fluid.

Friday will be its first service after 6 months.