Oil level indicator

Ok, so I've done some more tinkering on my Fabia, which is a 58 Plate 1.9 Diesel Sport

The question I have is does it have an oil level sensor?

The handbook seems to suggest that it does, but without waiting until a light, or not, comes on, how will I know??

Best bet is to check it over weekly to ensure it doesn't run out / low. :thumbup:

I check my car every week, if not every 2 weeks without fail.

Coolant level check - just visual

Screen Wash - visual / top up when needed

Oil - pull out dipstick, when car cold, ignore first reading, wipe the dipstick clean and then re-dip. Pull out dipstick and check reading. I usually top up with 1/2 a litre when its below half.

Check the drive belt (alternator / power steering / water pump) - visual check for damage.

Check all tyre pressures - again when the car is cold and hasn't moved.

Check the lights - either with someone else, or by walking around the car. The only problem with the latter is the brake lights!

Hope that helps :)

Cheers Richardsfavorit - I've been driving for 20plus years so I know about regular vehicle checks
My issue is that, living on a reasonable hill means that things like oil level checks are difficult as there is no level ground on which to park my car - making accurate oil level readings difficult.

My current Mk5 GT Deisel Golf and Mk6 Golf R have oil level indicators which I find very handy when level parking is not possible - hence wondering if the Fabia has a level indicator or not??

• Like 1

There is no oil level sensor (one that shows how much oil is in the sump), some models have a simple on/off sensor which triggers when the oil drops below a certain level. Not sure what model the Sport is based on, so I am not sure you have that sensor or not.