Variable service advise

Hi All

Just picked up a Fabia Monte Carlo that's 14 months old with 15,500 miles on the clock. I asked the dealer to makes sure it had it's 10,000 mile service as I know when some people intend selling their cars they don't bother.

I was told it did not need doing until 20,000 miles. I checked the service book and the dealer from where the car was originally bought said in the book it was variable. Now I though this was only for the likes of and Octavia.

Any anyone advise here please

Thanks

Glenn

My vRS is on variable servicing - the car tells me it's due very soon, at 18600 miles (ie 30,000km).  There should be a dealer sticker on the drivers door jamb confirming if it's on variable servicing. And it also tells you on the multi-function display when it's due.  If it's on variable servicing, you need to use 504 00 spec long-life oil instead of 502 00  

Fabia MK2 can do variable servicing along with all Superb and Octavia variants, it was only the Fabia MK1 which had to use fixed servicing.

The latest the first variable service will occur at around 18K miles or 2 years'ish. its variable so it will usually occur before that.

Thanks for the replies. I thought it may have missed a service or the dealer got it wrong.

Shall have a look in the menus next time I go out and see what it says about it's next service

Depends when the Fabia II was built as to whether it can do variable or not; possibly from MY12 introduced in June 2011 (our facelift 2010 MY11 was fixed service only).

Anyway look for a QI6 code on the data sticker in the boot or service book; this indicates a factory variable service setting.

A service should be done every two years if you don't get the car asking first on variable.

TP

Just had my vrs serviced today on 19000miles. did oil and filter. Pollen filter and plugs at my request 260quid. Computer says next servive due in 9000odd miles. The service was done at VW, skoda wanted 320 to do the same service with plugs... strange. Got a free bottle of castrol oil and screenwash. Good service i thought.

Just had my vrs serviced today on 19000miles. did oil and filter. Pollen filter and plugs at my request 260quid. Computer says next servive due in 9000odd miles. The service was done at VW, skoda wanted 320 to do the same service with plugs... strange. Got a free bottle of castrol oil and screenwash. Good service i thought.