estelle help needed

Here is my skoda estelle, as you will see in the pics she needs a tad of work, I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge in these?

it needs wiring for the engine

water pipes(i can do that)

it needs engine mount bushes, where do i buy these as its got custom mounts,

is it ment to have a gaping hole for the flywheel or do i need to make a plate/cover?

and the gearbox, theirs a block of wood wedge underneaf it, i assume the gear box mounts need replacing/spacing or both?

please see pictures. i have orderd the haynes for it but as its not an origanal engine I'm not sure how helpfull that will be,

I'm an apprentice mechanic by day.

Its got a 1.3 felicia engine

start with some pics

DSC_0524_zps2a0e75df.jpg

DSC_0521_zps931b96ce.jpg

box of pipes and metal

DSC_0520_zpsfd15f05a.jpg

both engine mount rubbers are like this, can i buy any or do i need to make them?

DSC_0515_zps0e8392e8.jpg

is their ment to be a graping big hole here or does it need a cover plate making?

DSC_0514_zps6ff80f2c.jpg

spax is looking alittle tired

DSC_0512_zps034eaf87.jpg

theirs alot off loose wires and the wiring in my opinion hasnt been done to great.

DSC_0509_zps035b24a0.jpg

DSC_0508_zps5b888652.jpg

throttle needs setting up along with a choke

DSC_0506_zpsbb756ea5.jpg

i thought this was pretty cool.

DSC_0502_zpsf2d925cb.jpg

theirs the flywheel again

DSC_0494_zps6b636148.jpg

and then theirs this, wedge of wood wedge under the gearbox, im thinking bushes have gone or need spacing or both?

DSC_0489_zpsbb2c15dd.jpg
Edited by wiltshireskoda

Skoparts International is the best supplier of parts for these special cars. The engine mounts can be bought either hardened or standard. I have a set of standard ones in stock but I buy my stock from Skoparts anyway. The flywheel cover isn't all that important as long as you don't have long hair and lay under the back while the engine is running! Wiring on these is as basic as they come! I can't quite tell from the photo why you have wood holding up the gearbox!  Wish you lived closer to me [Cambs], I'm pretty well set up to get your car back on the road. I've been slightly [well totally actually] obsessed by these old Skodas most of my life.

Briskoda is great, I have nothing but praise for it, but I must recommend joining the Skoda Owners' Club too.

cool cheers, i thought the flywheel thing would be ok, i had a ford v4 with a nsu gearbox and that had the same.

im on retro rides where ive been in contact with one of the old owners who got all the specs for putting twin 40 webbers on so i look forward to them coming lol.

Cool Estelle. Saw this on eBay last week, you picked it up quite cheap I think. Will look forward to seeing progress. Are you going along to retro rides at end of August? There are a few of use rear engined enthusiasts attending as a club stand.

been doing afew things with the skoda, got some wiring to sort.

i have this random wire by the started motor(through the midget escape hatch)

DSC_0520_zpscfbf22a4.jpg

DSC_0521_zpsdd3d4834.jpg

do these two pipes connect to each other??

DSC_0511_zps167d1fb5.jpg

ive got a cone breather on where the main breather pipe would go, do i just need to blank this off?
DSC_0512_zps18de84b8.jpg

this wire which comes up on its own into the engine bay

DSC_0504_zps522d10e9.jpg

DSC_0506_zps748351ae.jpg

got these two wires, they look like the go onto the coil pins but jut want to make sure. one is shorter than the other and i had them on today and they looked right

DSC_0502_zpsa0c88621.jpg

DSC_0503_zps2a2de5a4.jpg

got these 3 wires coming out of this thing

DSC_0501_zps169ff1e9.jpg

DSC_0500_zpscaedb5b9.jpg

any idea what goes onto the holed conector

DSC_0499_zps6d929095.jpg

relay appears be for the fuel pump, has one loose blue wire with a loop connector,( i think its an earth)

DSC_0496_zpsb85d9630.jpg

DSC_0495_zps2b8626dc.jpg

DSC_0497_zps3bad7a07.jpg

thats it for now, if anyone could help that would be greaty appreciated. 

Edited by wiltshireskoda

been doing afew things with the skoda, got some wiring to sort.

do these two pipes connect to each other??

DSC_0511_zps167d1fb5.jpg

this wire which comes up on its own into the engine bay

DSC_0504_zps522d10e9.jpg

//i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff491/gasserboy1/skoda%20estelle%20called%20stella/DSC_0503_zps2a2de5a4.jpg][/url]

Thats it for now, if anyone could help that would be greaty appreciated.

The two hoses are the feed and return to the heater up behind the dashboard. The feed needs to be plumbed in to the outlet from the cylinder head/block before the thermostat, the return I guess needs to feed into the water pump. Your Haynes manual will have a diagram of the cooling system.

Your yellow wire I reckon is the sender wire for the water temp sender which you may not have.

I'd suggest easiest would be to find yourself an Estelle with wiring all correct and take dome photos for cross reference. There is a guy (by the name of Lucas I think) in the owners club with a Rapid with a Felicia engine which would be just the ticket to compare your electrics.

• 5 months later...

At least your car is complete. Mine has been sitting dismantled waiting for the restoration to start for about 6 years. Not sure I'm going to remember where everything goes when I move back and start working on her again:

217148_4478018017_2520_n.jpg?oh=6d11e018

Edited by xchox

I can never understand how the old Skodas get so messed up with wires hanging out and strange fitments. I wish you luck with it as they are great cars when running.

There's all sorts of reasons for that I expect;-

1. They weren't all the same out the factory (I do recall one batch of 5-speed boxes with 120 rather than 130 final drives getting over here, and being snapped by by rally teams).
  2. Some of the higher spec parts were fitted by the importer, particularly ICE and front and rear fog lights (last in earlier MYs only).
  3. DIYers getting at them and re-wiring parts (see how much of that extra spaghetti is attached by bodge-locks).