Canton ...

If its like the MK7 Golf Dynaudio you get all different speakers, a subwoofer mounted inside the spare wheel, & more sound adjustment settings in the headunit. :nerd:

• Like 1

A few have knocked the Canton system, but pound for pound I think it's an excellent quality and value for money upgrade.

When my other Octavia was in for service last week, I was given a new model Freelander with just 4K on the clock, and what was labelled as a Meridian sound system (and if you know Meridian you know we're talking high end) which sounded atrocious... so I'm well pleased with the Canton!

• Like 2

A few have knocked the Canton system, but pound for pound I think it's an excellent quality and value for money upgrade.

When my other Octavia was in for service last week, I was given a new model Freelander with just 4K on the clock, and what was labelled as a Meridian sound system (and if you know Meridian you know we're talking high end) which sounded atrocious... so I'm well pleased with the Canton!

I typically find the sound system of rented/temporary cars settings completely absurd: i.e. loudness on, bass as high as possible, trebles on high setting, and so on.

Don't know if this was the case for the Meridian setup, too... Meridian is too good to sound atrocious. I've a glorious 104 which - as old as it is - is a small gem.

Anyway, glad the Canton seems sounding fine, since it should be under my hands and ears in a few days :)

Edited by Genoa1893
  • Like 1

Don't know if this was the case for the Meridian setup, too... Meridian is too good to sound atrocious. I've a glorious 104 which - as old as it is - is a small gem.

As you state, no Meridian system should sound anything less than outstanding... so likely the problem was resultant from the acres of cheap Poundland/Made in China plastics which adorn the interior of everything made by Land Rover nowadays!

• Like 1