Offered a VRS...

Hi,

Read these forums a lot but don't normally add anything to them! Thought I'd ask some advice.

I've got a Fabia, it's been reliable over the last two years but now has sprung a coolant leak from somewhere. It's booked in to the garage on Tuesday so that'll hopefully get sorted but I've been looking at getting rid of it for a while so now's a good time! It's only done 81.5k but I'd like something a bit faster.

A mate at work has offered me his '02 Octavia VRS, with 119.5k on it for about £1650. He's a good driver, has tonnes of bills and history for it and has just had the coil packs done as well.

Literally the only thing putting me off is the mileage, how well do these cars age that way? I've seen a fair few with 180k+ and they still run but is that commonplace?

Going from a 68bhp 1.4 Fabia MPi to this means it'll be more than fast enough so I have no worries about that! Is it past it or will it be fine for a few years yet?

Thanks

James

If like you say the owner has serviced it and looked after it that mileage is not a problem. My vrs is now on 120k and I swear sometimes its only just loosening up! It runs well anyway.

Don't worry about the mileage, mines on 182k and going strong so far. Has been more reliable than my 5 series bm which only had 80k on it. If it's got good history should be fine.

Always try get price down though buddy.

Brilliant! Cheers for that, sort of put my mind at rest a bit! Also been offered a 1.8T Passat by another mate, again 2002 but only 103000miles, full service history, coilovers, decent alloys, think it's been remapped as well and it's £1500, going to have a think over the evening and make a decision! 

Cheers chaps

Don`t let the miles put you off, as it seems it has good history, mines on 98k, and pulls like a train(stage 1) Drop the price a bit and it`ll last you well if it`s looked after, you won`t regret it :thumbup:

Edited by VeedubyaGTi