Eibach Lowering Springs

Hello all,

I have a quick (but stupid) question, I am hoping one of you can help. I am trying to work out which of the Eibach lowering springs are right for my MK3 Octavia TDi estate, to get an idea of costs. I have used the search and found a few threads but haven't worked it out yet!

Have any of you fitted these and if you did what was the part number? Was it E10-79-010-02-22/1?

Many thanks :)

Matt

If i remember correctly this part number is the ones on mine. Mine are actually audi a3 ones but they are the exact same due to skoda ones not been released by eibach as skoda octavia ones when i got mine. So they sent me the audi ones

As for price mine were £150 in the black friday sale from Awesome GTI in manchester. Fantastic service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Robfab

Many thanks all,

So it looks like part number E10-15-021-06-22 are the ones to go for.

Will have to see about getting them next.... :)

• Like 1

Haha, it does seem to be... :S

So it looks like depending on where you get the info from the parts numbers are either:

E10-15-021-06-22

E10-15-021-02-22

E10-79-010-02-22

So I am not 100% sure! I emailed Eibach themselves yesterday, but haven't heard back yet. I will report back when I do :)

• Like 1

E10-79-010-02-22 is also the part number for the TDI estate according to the link from Moley RUFC above, which is the same I came up with before starting the thread. But the website claims two different levels of drop confusingly.

It was so much easier buying springs for my Fiesta!!

I'll try to clear this up for you guys:

Octavia 3 Hatch:

1.6tdi, 1.8tsi, 2.0 TDI - E10-79-010-02-22 (30-40mm/30mm)

2.0tsi & 2.0tdi VRS - E10-15-021-02-22 (25mm/20mm)

Octavia 3 Combi:

1.6tdi, 1.8tsi, 2.0tdi - E10-79-010-02-22

2.0tsi & 2.0tdi VRS - E10-15-021-06-22

Prices can be given on request

Ant :thumbup:

Hi Ant, not disputing what you have stated but I was given E10-79-010-04-22 for a 2.0 TDI hatch Black Edition (30-40mm drop); this from a Skoda dealer.

meb90, please get back with the info you get from Eibach. There is too much contradictive information on different dealers' websites for me to make a purchase today.

Will do :)

Right then guys, I have spent the last hour or so trying to get to the bottom of this. Ant (or anyone else) I am not having a go, just trying to satisfy my own curiosity :)

Eibach got back to me with the part number E20-15-021-05-22. However they asked me how much I wanted to lower my car, and I said 20-30 mm but I forgot that the VRS is already 15 mm lower than a 'standard' Octavia. Therefore I think the chaps at Eibach thought I wanted a 40-50 mm drop on standard. I think I am after a drop of 20 mm on the VRS which would equate to a drop of 30-40 mm on standard.

So, information time (drops stated are for a standard Octavia):

E20-15-021-05-22 are a Sportline kit which will lower the car 45-40 mm front-back with an axle load of 1070kg. These are for both the TSI and TDI VRS, hatch and estate. The Eibach website states a drop of 30-25 mm front-back for a TSI VRS using these springs.

E10-79-010-02-22 are a Pro kit which will lower the car 40-30 mm front-back with an axle load of 1075kg. These are for both the TSI and TDI VRS, hatch and estate. The EIbach website states a drop of 20-10 mm front-back for a TSI VRS using these springs.

E10-15-021-06-22 (as suggested by Ant) appear to be for an Audi A3 Sportback. They are a Pro kit which will lower the car 30-30 mm front-back with an axle load of 1070kg, but the part number is not the same for both the hatch and estate.

So, my conclusions are thus:

For a slight drop for a VRS (ie, 10-20 mm) springs E10-79-010-02-22 are the ones to go for.

For a bigger drop for a VRS (ie 25-30 mm) springs E20-15-021-05-22 are the ones to go for.

I hope this makes sense, please feel free to comment if you wish. I don't mean offence, and I won't take any if you disagree with me!!

• Like 2

Great info, hopefully it should straighten up the thread! One point though does E10-15-021-06-22 lower a vRS by 30mm at front and back as you've stayed the drops are for a standard Octavia. If that's the case E10-15-021-06-22 would only lower the vRS by 15mm and by looking at Robfabs car it's certainly more than that.

Great info, hopefully it should straighten up the thread! One point though does E10-15-021-06-22 lower a vRS by 30mm at front and back as you've stayed the drops are for a standard Octavia. If that's the case E10-15-021-06-22 would only lower the vRS by 15mm and by looking at Robfabs car it's certainly more than that.

Here's hoping! :)

E10-15-021-06-22 are described as giving a 30 mm drop all round for an Audi A3 Sportback, so I assume that would be the same for a standard Octavia. Therefore that would be a 15mm drop for a VRS. I haven't seen Robfabs car I don't think so I can't comment on that. I assume they will settle a little though so might drop a little more than stated?