Comfort

Suspension is sporty so pretty harsh. Well known for being noisy. It's one of the areas costs were cut over the GTI.

Pre FL special ed has some issues with soft alloys getting damaged by potholes.

Edited by Aspman

Agree with above, but not overly harsh.

No complaints from wife and two kids on the comfort in mine.

Get a test drive and see how it suits you.

Road noise is pretty high, big tyres and poor noise insulation probably the main factors.

But as a package unbeatable for me. But I'm on a Skoda forum so slightly biased!

I came from a BMW 320d and have no regrets at all.

I found mine (vRS) to be overly soft.  Potholes and bumpy roads were smooth.  Road humps were not quite as good - I found that it seemed to bounce over them.

There is a fair amount of body roll as well.

Road noise is fairly high, but not unacceptable

Compared to my previous Alfa 156,and my wife's Hyundai Coupe it was very soft and comfortable.  To me, it felt more luxury than sport.

So much so, that I have replaced the suspension and also upgraded the rear anti-roll bar (and this is the first time in quite a few years of car ownership that I have felt that I had to do so).

It is now much better handling, but still with a fair amount of comfort (see my other thread about it!)

I know its not going to match Mercedes levels of comfort as it is a sporty car.

However, surely it will be significantly better than my Mk1 Fabia Vrs which I find not so good over potholes/rough road surfaces (London roads), ok on humps but overall not very refined.

As mentioned above I think a test drive is important to see if it meets individual needs.

Thanks for the feedback.

The poor ride of the car is my only major gripe in 15 months/15K miles of ownership.  Car was great on decent French roads but is much too harsh on the poorly maintained UK roads.  So much so that my intended 5 years of ownership will probably be cut short.  I have no interest in modifying the suspension.  Problem is that I have no idea with what to replace it.  A couple of my friends will always offer me a lift in their cars rather than ride in the vRS - never had that happen with my last car that I owned for 7 years. 

Road noise is very much affected by tyre choice. Cheaper tyres can give plenty of grip but the noise can be atrocious.

Quite a few VRS drivers have moved to specific quiet tyres like the Goodyear Efficient Grip models.

Road noise was one reason I decided to move on from the VRS. I was finding it a bit tiring. You can make it better by putting a bit of sound deadening / underlay in the boot.

If you're coming from Audi, Merc, BMW, Honda you'll find it loud, but if you're coming from a cheaper small car like a Ibiza you might find it an improvement.

I find mine nice.

I have the 2009 limited edition vrs and its not harsh and doesnt roll around corners. Seats are also comfy so that helps too.

Its far more comfy than my citigo sport