What's this pipe?

Girardi

Hi all.

Borrowed pic I'm afraid (thanks google!)

Anyone have a part number for the pipe below? Or can give me internal diameter for it? I *think* it's the vacuum pipe between the two one way valves coming from the brake servo but would like confirmation.

Mines split at the join - I've cut some off and bodged it back together for now but would like to replace it asap. Had sudden loss of brakes and dodgy running but the source of the problem was obvious :)

post-112125-0-07238400-1410175811_thumb.jpg

Nope, other side. Kind of hard to see, goes from the passenger side of the intake to a Y piece (which I assume to be a non return valve) then under the pipe coming out of the airbox and gets to another valve (which again, I assume to be a non return valve) before disappearing behind the heat shielding on the fire wall. The bit that's broken is between the two valves. I'll get some reinforced silicon pipe of the right diameter if I have to but would prefer to use the correct part... if I can get the number :)

Hmmmmmm.... brake servo hose?? perhaps one of these

http://www.partsbase.org/skoda/octavia-oct-eu-2001-61171-vacuum-hoses-for-brake-servo/

Not the most enlightening of pictures...

PN#1J0612041ES? http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5098675-Breather-hose-with-check-valve

Edited by James19181

Thanks for your help James - not the most enlightening of pics you are correct but it did the job!

For anyone looking at this in the future, part is indeed 1J0612041ES as stated above. Called my local dealer asking for confirmation and they have done, that one covers 1.8 vRS, the others in that link above are for different engines.

Will run you £29.95 inc VAT but is special order - picking mine up later this week :)

• Like 1