Octavia SE+ Light Enhancement/Protection Detail

ChrisRs

Thanks to Reuben for bringing in his Octavia today for a light enhancemet/protection detail

Inspection revealed a very dull and protection free paintwork, needing cleaning up and protecting properly

Cleaned with Snow Foam and TBM with Megs Gold Class Shampoo

Paintwork clayed with Bilt Hamber Soft Clay

Wheels cleaned with Iron out product and Wonder Wheels Strong wheel cleaner (They were bad)

Polished with Sonax Profiline and Menzerna Finishing Polish with Medium and Finishing pads vis DA 21 Polisher and Rupes Rotary

Protected with AB Hellshine Abyss and Glazed over with WetGlaze 2.0

Shuts and wheels applied with Sonax BSD

Tyres with Megs Tyre Shine

Glass cleaned and window dealer sticker removed with a hairdryer

Pics:

2014-09-12170029_zpsa31bf4ce.jpg

2014-09-12170039_zps4658d010.jpg

2014-09-12170055_zps105f2b69.jpg

2014-09-12170104_zpsa136b9f3.jpg

2014-09-12170120_zpsd91c255c.jpg

• Like 2

Chris, do you have no trouble with BSD on shuts, I find it has zero cleaning ability being more a spray sealant, fine if the shuts are very clean already but less good if dirt has built up which is more often the case.

Have you tried Autobrite Jaffa Clean - it has excellent cleaning properties as well as a leaving behind protection. It's an absolute go-to product for me for shuts and similar. You still use it in a similar way to a QD bit like Autosmart Tango.

If you'd like me to pop a 100ml sample over to you let me know, it's 1-1 dilution would give 200ml probably enough for 3-4 cars or more if just shuts etc

Ok that makes far more sense :)

I'll pop you some Jaffa clean in the post sometime next week, for light to medium soiled shuts you can spray it on agitate lightly then wipe off with a MF, it might be a little time save on details for you and it leaves a nice finish and protection behind, one of my favourites from AB.

I find it handy because it eliminates the awkwardness of rinsing which in some cars is really hard to do without getting the interior wet.

Ok that makes far more sense :)

I'll pop you some Jaffa clean in the post sometime next week, for light to medium soiled shuts you can spray it on agitate lightly then wipe off with a MF, it might be a little time save on details for you and it leaves a nice finish and protection behind, one of my favourites from AB.

I find it handy because it eliminates the awkwardness of rinsing which in some cars is really hard to do without getting the interior wet.

Hey Mark - You are the second person this week to mention AD Jaffa clean for cleaning door shuts etc - good call!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Hey Mark - You are the second person this week to mention AD Jaffa clean for cleaning door shuts etc - good call! :thumbup:

I use muc off split second detailer wax + to do all door shuts, it's high in carnauba and beads really well. And contains cleaning agents.

Works a treat for me, plus also watered down makes a pretty decent qd.

split-second-detailer-wax.jpg.png

• Like 1