Fitting my LCR/Universal front splitter

I bought this universal/Leon Cupra R splitter for £45 delivered: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221120452835?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm pretty sure it's the same one Awesome GTI sell, just worked out cheaper off eBay.

Eyeing up the splitter

All ready to go!

FITTING

Spanner level – 1/5. Time – 2 hours max. Tools needed: Axle stands, jack, drill, file, heat gun/hair dryer, saw & masking tape.

You could remove the bumper, but I just jacked the car up onto axle stands to give me enough space to get the drill underneath. If you don't have axle stands, then you'll have to take the extra time to get the bumper off.

It isn't specifically for the Fabia so it isn't a perfect fit, which is why you need a heat gun or hair dryer to make it a bit more pliable just before fitting.

I started by cutting the tabs off the central struts. I also then filed the ridges off the tabs at the back of the splitter so that it would fit flush underneath the bumper.

Splitter being chopped down for fitting

I offered the splitter up a number of times, and had to keep filing plastic off the two struts shown above until it looked right. I guess there's no set amount to take off, just depends how much you want the centre to push down away from the bumper.

Once I was happy, I then heated up the splitter to make it more pliable at the corners, and taped it to the bumper. I then marked and chopped off the two ends to sit flush into the bumper. After re-taping it on, I simply ran self-tappers (around 15mm I think) up through the splitter into the bumper.

Fabia vRS

Fabia vRS

All done! It took me just under two hours in total I think, but I was trying to be a perfectionist with filing/trimming down the tabs. For a cheap mod though, it looks awesome!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

looks sweet. ive just got myself a Cupra Splitter and will be fitting it soon. just wondered what sort of sized fasteners you used? got some self tapping screws but not sure if they will be up to the job or not!