V Maxx coilovers on vrs. Do i need adjustable droplinks on 50mm drop?

As the title says peeps, ive got V Maxx coilovers on their way to fit on the vrs. Looking to lower it about 50mm and wondering if i need adjustable droplinks? I do also have front and rear Eibach ARB's. Anyone got V Maxx coilovers fitted and can offer some advise on their ride height etc is gratefully appreciated.

No idea mate as not fitted, but suck it and see would be my advice, little bit of driveshaft rub for a few days wont hurt [emoji38]

Update us on your thoughts on the coilovers though, as I've been tempted by these for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea will update on how they are. One favour from someone if the will is if you have coilovers fitted can you just take a quick pic of the arb position when the car is sat on the road (just under the front of the car and point camera towards where it meets the droplink). Thank u very much

• 3 weeks later...

Ok all thanks for the replies. I've got the v-maxx coilovers fitted but would love some information from anyone running coilovers (amazing if u have an upgraded front arb aswell) as to droplink fitting. Reason I ask is that after fitting the coilovers the droplink on one side is at such a strange angle when put back on due to the fact that standard on droplink fits on the front of the mount (when I say mount I mean the bracket welded on the strut to bolt the droplink through) on the strut and the other side it fits on the rear of the mount on the strut (I'm 99% on that but if someone can just have a quick look at their standard struts (on full lock) and double check I'm right.

On mine with suspension fitted I've had to fit the droplinks on the front of the mount on both sides so has anyone else seen this. Any help will be amazing

The threaded bar should be pointing away from the car on both upper drop link mounts either side

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea thats what i remember the droplinks fitting like on the original struts, but with the eibach arb and coilovers fitting the droplinks the same as original means that where it bolts to the strut is at a really awkward angle and just doesnt seem right. Cant understand why tbh, but do have a set of adjustable ones lying about so may see what they fit like and the added bonus of being able to fit with the heads on either way (due to the thread). Only reason they have them the way they do is that its the same part number for both sides so will see how i get on once i have chance to take the wheels off. Also need to drop the car about 10mm all round as got used to the look of a low car now and not keen on current arch gaps. Local speed humps wont be happy with my decision no doubt lol.