30,000 miles service needed - what's involved

Professor

So I've had my car 15 months, I'm approaching 30,000 miles and 'INSP' has popped up.

I get the car serviced every 10,000 miles.

Skoda list two service types 'minor' every 10,000 miles £139 and 'major' every 20,000 miles £259.

So do I take it that (as my car has done 30,000) it's a minor service needed as it'll have had the major one at 20,000 miles, is this right?

Anyone had their 30,000 service and can tell me whether it was major or minor and what they were charged…?

Thanks

My car has done much less mileage than yours, but I did discover that by 'phoning around the dealers I had different quotes for the standard service. I know that there is a feeling in the trade that the fixed prices for the Skoda range is OK for a Superb, but rather expensive for the smaller Citigo.

So I suggest a bit of negotiating might help when you have had the quote!

Search the site as i posted the service schedule last year.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/286150-citigo-service-schedule/?hl=schedule#entry3515590

Yes, I had looked at that post earlier, but it is categorised by year not mileage - my cars is just over 1 year old, but is due its 3rd service according to the cars on-board diagnostics, hence my question.  

If its just a case of each 'service year' being the equivalent of 10,000 miles then fine, but if not… my question still stands.

Thanks

Aren't the services...10,000m OR 1year (whichever is first) and 20,000m OR 2 years and 30,000m OR 3years? The third service is the same as the first (minor) for which my dealer charged £90.

Perfect, just what I was looking to confirm, thank you.