Picking up a 2008 Mk2 2.0t VRS estate tonight, anything worth doing to improve it?

broona

As per the title, the car looks to be in very good condition and only needs a pair of front tyres, so I'll be ordering a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's over the weekend from Camskill who have them in for £175 delivered, unless anyone's seen them cheaper?

Is there anything that can be done to improve the car without spending ridiculous money, always worth asking when getting a different car? Cheers. :angel:

EDIT: Also, what's the easiest way to enable MP3 playback from a USB pen? Will I need an aftermarket stereo?

Edited by broona

Thanks for the replies, I was tempted by a remap until I drove it home, it feels much more 'instant' than the 1.8t, and it seems faster too, so I think I'll just leave it be!

Bolero sounds like a plan, will go have a look for one now...

Just buy a Bolero stereo off here for around £150 and use the SD card slot. Or buy a Columbus if you want nav...

i happen to have one for sale  with all the surrounds check out my ad in the classified section  :sun:

• Like 1

+1 on the RARB. 

Checkout the tyre wear, its likely an alignment will improve things steering/handling wise. 

I have it done every tyre change, and get much improved milage which pays for it. 

That's both tyre and fuel btw.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, I was tempted by a remap until I drove it home, it feels much more 'instant' than the 1.8t, and it seems faster too, so I think I'll just leave it be!

Bolero sounds like a plan, will go have a look for one now...

IMVHO, a good remap might be an investment, (!), it can improve fuel consumption as well as performance.

DC  

• Like 1

Sure!

You can tighten up the existing unit about 10% for free if you're handy with tools / drill. It's not much when you consider that +2mm = 50% stiffness increase but it's better than nothing.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/309101-diy-a-tiny-bit-more-stiffness-from-the-stock-rear-arb/

• Like 1