Which rear anti roll bar?

kieranlt

Hi guys,

Looking into getting a rear anti roll bar and I know there are 3 options (whiteline, jabbasport and ultra racing) but I'm leaning towards the ultra racing one at the moment purely because there are no bushes that will need replacing in the future.

Does anyone have any experience of this one? Or is it worth saving the money and buying the whiteline?

IMO...

Standard suspension - Whiteline

Lowered 25mm+ or Eibachs at a minimum etc... Any of them. Whiteline for adjustability and enough help. Jabba is leaning towards a little too much help.

Very stiff on top range coillies and trackdays, not the Whiteline.

I have the Jabba.

I've got the whiteline one fitted, ran with joms and now on eibach springs. Gives a very good feel even under normal driving although I'm used to it now but for the money well worth getting. Heard people say they cause the back end to kick out when on the stiffest setting but they must drive like ****s as mine has never done that but then I prefer smoother cornering so don't let that put you off. I think you'll be impressed with whichever one you buy though as it doesn't sharpen it up alot

Thanks guys, it is mainly for road use and the very odd track session, I'm only lowered on ap shock & springs. I know the whiteline is commonly used I was hoping for more reviews on the ultra racing to be honest.

• Like 1

I can confirm my Ultra Racing anti roll bar is still going strong! :)

The fact each end of the bar is held with the two bolts means there is no pivot, which in turn negates the need to have the bar clamped the beam. Far simpler fitment and as said, no worry of bushes needing to be replaced

• Like 1

Don't let the bushes thing out you off the Whiteline as they last long enogh and are easy to change if needed plus cheap.  Some of the others may on the face of it seem more robust but several hundred quid for a steel bar...really?  I opted for the Whiteline as a good intro measure in case I didn't like what a RARB did so not too much money wasted.  However, once fitted it truly transformed the handling, even on the least aggressive setting (which was where it naturally aligned) for the better.  No lowering needed, except for the looks.  On the roads, this translates to a more neutral turn in without the usual understeer plus way more balanced in the corners, even when pushed.  Can't recommend one highly enough. You'll wonder how you ever did without one.  A major improvement to handling and therefore safety. 

• Like 1

Don't let the bushes thing out you off the Whiteline as they last long enogh and are easy to change if needed plus cheap. Some of the others may on the face of it seem more robust but several hundred quid for a steel bar...really? I opted for the Whiteline as a good intro measure in case I didn't like what a RARB did so not too much money wasted. However, once fitted it truly transformed the handling, even on the least aggressive setting (which was where it naturally aligned) for the better. No lowering needed, except for the looks. On the roads, this translates to a more neutral turn in without the usual understeer plus way more balanced in the corners, even when pushed. Can't recommend one highly enough. You'll wonder how you ever did without one. A major improvement to handling and therefore safety.

incorrect, I was quoted about £90 iirc for the bushes and and clamps from a forum sponsor (can't remember who) because I could get hold of the actual bar itself for £20 off a friend. Thought I may as well wait and buy a new one.

incorrect, I was quoted about £90 iirc for the bushes and and clamps from a forum sponsor (can't remember who) because I could get hold of the actual bar itself for £20 off a friend. Thought I may as well wait and buy a new one.

What's incorrect?  I bought mine for £154 delivered and was quoted less than that for bushes, which should last many 1000's of miles before changing anyway.  They're not things that should need changing that regularly.  A local tuner who has done loads of these things recommended the Whiteline because it is effective and (relatively) cheap.  Anything with bushes will have a maintenance requirement attached, including the main suspension. You pay your money and makes your choice. I made a recommendation based upon value and performance. I'm sure that Kieran will read all feedback and make his own mind up.  You can pay £250 for a gucci RARB or half that for one that does the job well.  If racing, I'd buy the best that I could afford, but I'm not.

Update.  The main "D" bushes are about £12 including vat if and when it comes time to replace them.  You shouldn't need new clamps (why would you?). I'd be quite shocked to learn that a complete set of bushes was £90. You could have replacements manufactured for less!

Edited by SEVrs

What's incorrect? I bought mine for £154 delivered and was quoted less than that for bushes, which should last many 1000's of miles before changing anyway. They're not things that should need changing that regularly. A local tuner who has done loads of these things recommended the Whiteline because it is effective and (relatively) cheap. Anything with bushes will have a maintenance requirement attached, including the main suspension. You pay your money and makes your choice. I made a recommendation based upon value and performance. I'm sure that Kieran will read all feedback and make his own mind up. You can pay £250 for a gucci RARB or half that for one that does the job well. If racing, I'd buy the best that I could afford, but I'm not.

Update. The main "D" bushes are about £12 including vat if and when it comes time to replace them. You shouldn't need new clamps (why would you?). I'd be quite shocked to learn that a complete set of bushes was £90. You could have replacements manufactured for less!

the part where you said the bushes were cheap, which they aren't as like I said, I asked how much a fitting kit was (bushes and clamps) and it was around £90. Not saying any is better than the other, I was just stating you're incorrect about the prices of the bushes - obviously if you're changing the bushes it's common sense to change the clamps as they'll be rusty and more prone to failing when the bushes have already failed.