octy smoking dash

rafe1

Can anyone help?  Really foggy here this morning, so put all fog lights on, and heated mirrors everything, on my x reg 2000 1.9 tdi,,drove a mile, to drop my mate at work, stopped read paper for 20 mins, , turned on ignition and a terrible smell like TCP came into car then smoke from, the dash by the dash dimmer switch, i guess from behind fusebox. not alot about as much as from striking a match...I took the key out sharpish, sheepishly started car, everything fine, everything works, been fine all day..the only thing i can think of is my towbar electrics, i was advised dosent light the rear fog light on the test plate, and i used rear fog light for the first time in 2yrs today?  Or, since this happened the glow plug light goes out very quick instead of staying on for a few secs, I could be grabbing at straws. Should i check fuse board? there is still a stink in the car...Scared what i will find, any ideas would be a great help   . thanks Rik

Ok, thank you, i am still using the car as all seems ok  but i will take the cover off and have a look, thanks mate...

Oh an update, glow plugs all ok when i started this morning 

Edited by rafe1