1.2Tsi Tuning box vs Remap

Has anyone used a TMC tuning box on their 1.2tsi? If so are they worth it or would I be better off going for a map?

I'd personally prefer a map, but obviously my warranty on the engine would be straight up void, where as if I were to get a tuning box I could just remove it before going to the get the car checked etc

Any help is appreciated

A map is more comprehensive, as it takes into account the full range of values on the spark and VE tables accounting for different conditions. A tuning box regardless of brand simply tricks the ecu I to thinking something else is happening.

So what would you rather have, an engine running according to proper values or one running on false ones?

• Like 2

Has anyone used a TMC tuning box on their 1.2tsi? If so are they worth it or would I be better off going for a map?

I'd personally prefer a map, but obviously my warranty on the engine would be straight up void, where as if I were to get a tuning box I could just remove it before going to the get the car checked etc

Any help is appreciated

If I was you I would get a tuning box because you can always remove it before any checks like you said and if you want a remap after the warranty is over then you can still get one and sell the tuning box..