Electric boot question

I'm seriously contemplating this as an option. I've read the owner's manual off the web but it doesn't seem to tell the full story.

How long does it take to open or shut?

Can it be opened and shut manually just as a normal tailgate?

Can it be closed with a press of the key fob button? Or the button in front of the gear lever?

Thanks

I think it's ace. Just got a vrs with it fitted.

Time to open and close - 7-8seconds at a guess. Slow and deliberate :-)

There's a rubber grab handle for doing it manually. Any manual intervention stops any in progress opening or closing I think.

I assume the dash button is for opening closing it but haven't used it yet.

I don't believe they recommend manually opening and closing it too often as I think it can damage the electricery contained within.

I have it on mine but it wasn't something I considered speccing (cancelled order so didn't spec myself)

Now I wouldn't be without it, great addition.

Button on the dash for opening or use the fob, hold middle button for a few secs. Button on the lip of the boot door for closing.

As Briskodavrs says, about 7-8 seconds to open or close which is about right, not too quick or too slow.

Only reason I didn't option it was the wife has a habit of leaving a key in her purse and buttons being mashed. Didn't want the auto tailgate opening when the garage was closed and causing damage (to either). Was less than $500 option here (~£300 )

It's a bit like cruise control, I don't need that then you get it and it's a must have.  I was a bit disappointed when I realised you can only use the fob / console button to open the boot and will at some time get it coded with VCDS.