vcds coding lamps

Hi guys just checking a mate of mine can do the coding as has vcds tech 2... now I have resistor rear number plate lamps bulbs in led but the light on the dash says there a bulb out now if I get him to switch off bulb checking on number plate lamp is this going to work. ..as I remember reading someone doesn't 100% work.. Al

any tips at all thanks

See here...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/204652-led-number-plate-light-bulbs-with-no-errors/page-1?hl=+led

You need to turn off the cold start diagnostics for the number plate lights.

Better still buy CANBUS friendly bulbs instead.

See here...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/204652-led-number-plate-light-bulbs-with-no-errors/page-1?hl=+led

You need to turn off the cold start diagnostics for the number plate lights.

Better still buy CANBUS friendly bulbs instead.

i have brought Cambus friendly ones that guys on here brought but made no difference

I gave up after fitting mine which were the favored FIZMO type off ebay with resistors. They lasted 2 months started to flicker after 5 minutes then went off. I decided to go with these http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-09-12-facelift-MEGA-POWER-LED-licence-plate-light-system-KI-R. Delivered within 5 days and my god worth every penny. Super bright and look the dogs danglers.

40 Euros plus postage for two bulbs????? Worth every penny???? 

I like the LEDs in mine, but no way would I ever pay that sort of money for a couple of bulbs. I have Fizzmo ones in mine and have had for over 12 months. If they had failed twice or three times in that time, it would still be a lot cheaper than these!

Mike

Not quite two bulbs as its the complete holder x2 and yes that is my opinion . I spent £10 with the crap that Fizmo sells with the 2 capacitors only to find them duff after 2 months. Also my interior bulbs from the same seller went the same way.

The only way I got LEDs to work in mine was to get canbus ones as well as change the coding.

I noticed this morning one of mine isn't working and I only just got them a couple of weeks ago... ugh!

Phil

i think i might have to do that if it doesnt work tonight i nearly brought them when i got my splitter 

Exactly the reason i decided to go for them. Ive had leds for years from various ebay sellers and never come across anything that lasts anymore than a few weeks. £31 for 2 units is nothing to save all the aggravation of continually replacing bulbs plus they make the cheap  ebay lamps look just what they are.

• Like 1