Grinding rubbing noise..n/s front i think..

Folks, hellllloooooo again, my 06 4x4tdi started making a horrible noise today when turning left(to start with) like the wheel arch liner was rubbing, obviously its not as that's easy to spot lol, noise now happens when off the power(ie coasting) but goes away when turning right and is not really there when driving straight.

Doing the search on here it seems its hard to trace a duff wheel bearing as they don't respond to the old rock the wheel test which I tried as i've had it on stands, no loss in power, brakes fine, changes gear fine(had new dmf and clutch at 140k, now on 150k). haven't had wheel off yet to check for a  stone round the caliper and shield

So the question is, is that sort of noise in keeping with a wheel bearing going rather than the haldex ****ting itself which is my fear, going to pop by the local garage tomorrow and just looking to be armed with as much info as possible....if it was a bike id be happy but cars aren't my thing beyond basic maintence

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

Did you find out what the problem is? Ive got almost identical problem on my Octavia VRS, noise coming from nearside front wheel, only when turning right. Its been in to the garage and they said it was the brake discs rubbing. Ive now had pads and discs replaced but still have the noise. Any suggestions?