150mph in a FL vRS Tsi?

Sorry, I can't remember coming across anyone who cared about the top speed of a car (anyone over about 13, that is, or any Top Gear presenter). Driving at 155 mph is not brisk driving, it is lunacy, even on an empty Autobahn. If anything goes wrong, a blowout etc you are dead, so I can't see the point.

Must be heaps of lunatics in Germany.

The way i see it, if something goes wrong at 80mph+ then your probably stuffed so you may as well do 100mph or 120mph.

I can't see the point in the "if anything goes wrong" mentality. My wife had it with my kids "Don't let them climb the tree - if anything goes wrong they might get hurt." My attitude is "Let them climb the tree but explain which size branches they should trust & how they should always have 3 points of contact, etc." It's all about risk management.

This cotton wool mentality is killing our society.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, back on topic. When I had one, I took my Mk II vRS pre-faclift north of 150 on an Autobahn, GPS speed topped out at 156. Car was totally standard, but as stated, it does need a few miles for the last few mph to show up, but it also just keeps on accelerating.

Me too lol.  And speeding tickets are £100 now.. ouch

On my ****ty country, the fine you pay, is depending on your annual salary. For me last march, I got a 360€ ticket, just by running an stop-sign at crawling speed on empty road. One millionaire got couple of years ago 112 000€ for speeding. He was driving on 60kmh road at 82kmh. :clap:

Edited by jaegarmaisteri

On my ****ty country, the fine you pay, is depending on your annual salary. For me last march, I got a 360€ ticket, just by running an stop-sign at crawling speed on empty road. One millionaire got couple of years ago 112 000€ for speeding. He was driving on 60kmh road at 82kmh. :clap:

360€ for running a stop sign. that is crazy!