Driveshaft hitting boost pipe

I'm a little concerned about people saying the boost pipes have been hitting the driveshaft, I've looked at the turbo and the driveshaft and they do look close. People say cut the pipe shorter but which one?

Took a few pictures roughly where the pipes will sit, still need to be cut down a little but if I know what I need to so I can sort it out now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was just talking to iipaul last night and said I think I'll clock it and twist it closer towards the block.

I've got 2mm alloy pipes so making my own, I just wanted to check before they get welded in place, then put the driveshaft in and drop it down to find the driveshaft hits it, or worse... The turbo!

It's a hybrid "gt1752" turbo, I've put info and pics on the turbo in my project thread.

No chance of a driveshaft passing that pipe in your second pic!

Think I would of gone to a GTB if I was upgrading, seeing as you've got a lot of messing about to do anyway to fit this hybrid :)

Made some changes this morning, clears with a few inches to spare, even with the weight on the shaft.

Chances are I will upgrade again soon, if I get 220bhp it's going to be similar to the gtb without spending a lot on injectors.

• 3 years later...