iOS8 Phone Issues?

I know there was a small discussion around iOS8 and audio, and that does seem to work. However, I seem to be having a bit of a problem with phone usage, and that's kind of more important to me. I'm on iOS 8.0.2 on an iPhone 5s and I have the Columbus unit...

With incoming calls, the maxi dot displays my name and not the person calling. I can't answer the call using the phone button on the MFSW, nor can I reject the call by clicking the right-hand roller on the MFSW. With outgoing calls, I can make the call, but after a few seconds the car says 'call ended' and a few seconds after that the phone hangs up the call (which means it must be the car initiating the disconnect, I think). Also, I've noticed that the signal display on the Columbus screen / maxi dot doesn't change after first starting up - e.g. if my phone has max signal when I start the car, then the car shows max signal all the time, even if I drive somewhere where there is low/no signal.

It seems like a Bluetooth communications problem to me, and I'm assuming the only thing that's changed is me upgrading from iOS7 > 8.  The car did go to the dealer to get the chip/scratch repaired at about the same time, so I may check they didn't do any firmware upgrades or anything, but from reading other threads on here that sounds unlikely. I'm also going to pair up my wife's iPhone 5s which is still on iOS7 to see if the issues still exist when I get chance later today... and I've already tried un-pairing/re-pairing my phone and that's not solved it.

So... has anyone else had any similar issues with iOS8, or with any other combination of head unit / phone that means it may be the unit and not the phone? My plan was to get an iPhone 6+ at some point in the near future, but if this is an iOS8 issue then I may have to rethink things.

• Like 1

delete your car from the Bluetooth list on youre Phone. Its a Well known problem. And this Will fix it. Just pair your phone Again. On the 8.1 beta 1-2 its fixed, so just order that iPhone 6 ;-)

Edited by Aknedude

delete your car from the Bluetooth list on youre Phone. Its a Well known problem. And this Will fix it. Just pair your phone Again.

As I said, I've un-paired and re-paired my phone with the car, and it hasn't fixed it.

And it works fine with my wife's iOS7 5s, so it's evidently an iOS8 issue.  Hopefully it is Fixed In Next Rev, but until then I'm a bit stuck  :( .

As I said, I've un-paired and re-paired my phone with the car, and it hasn't fixed it.

And it works fine with my wife's iOS7 5s, so it's evidently an iOS8 issue.  Hopefully it is Fixed In Next Rev, but until then I'm a bit stuck  :( .

Have you tried resetting your network settings on the phone, it'll wipe your wifi keys but it might be worth a try as it's fixed bluetooth issues before for me.

• Like 1

Have you tried resetting your network settings on the phone, it'll wipe your wifi keys but it might be worth a try as it's fixed bluetooth issues before for me.

Hmmm, no - haven't tried that. Will give it a go, thanks. I did consider resetting the phone completely, but it's a right ball ache doing that.