How to install the pedal box

Any tips on how to remove the oem connector? I have managed to push the red button upwards, but the connector wont give in. Is it just brutal force to make it come off or any finesse/wiggling? It feels completely stuck ....

Any tips on how to remove the oem connector? I have managed to push the red button upwards, but the connector wont give in. Is it just brutal force to make it come off or any finesse/wiggling? It feels completely stuck ....

Don't forget it comes out at an angle not straight up so you may pulling up in the wrong direction. Just fitted one yesterday for another forum member and the OEM plug came out real easy........

Great tip about the angle, so subtle but important. I finally managed to get the plug off! Now, what's the best practices for hiding the cable? I've just pushed it up beneath the plastic cover in the center console, but as there is nothing holding it up, I'm a bit worried it will just drop down to the floor, making a mess driving!

• 8 months later...

Dumb q, but what is a pedal box?

An electronic device altering the signal sent from the physical pedal, in order to modifying (hopefully enhance) the throttle response.

After trying it, I'll be able to speak from my own experience rather than just reporting, but there is a general consensus on the "thing".

HTH,

Hi

I tried to instal a peddle box my self, it's a knack to get it right!! Which I did not have, my main problem was trying to plug in the lead that pugs into the throttle I to the connect for the peddle box. Gave up in the end. But went to see the guys at DTUK, (long drive - 450mile round trip!!) and sure enough they fitted it in less than 5minutes? It sure makes a difference.

But I made the trip worthwhile by also getting to fit their TREVOR tuning box. And BOY what difference it's made to my car. It made the ride back down the A1 very enjoyable. It even makes a big difference the the E mode.

If you have problems fitting your peddle box, give the guys st DTUK a ring, they are VERY helpfull.

All the best, I am sure you will enjoy the results.

Steve

• Like 1

Thanks

I do need to play around a bit with the settings. My original intention was to go for the Eco version of TREVOR. But it's the same box with a different sticker on the front, to keep the insurance peps happy!! (If that is ever possible)

Most of my driving is on the wrong side of the road, on autoroutes in France, but it sure makes it more interesting when you put your foot down!! Not that have have tried it in France yet. That's next week, I am also hoping to get my new exhaust fitted and as so long as I can get though the tunnel.

Steve