Intermittent DRL Failure

Off to the dealer tomorrow for them to investigate an intermittent DRL failure, indicated on the dash and clearly visible on the nose.

Hopefully just a loose connection!

Assume nobody else has had this?

P

cae0ad6e2ca4fcf8efdcf1367a9a2d96.jpg

6eb5badeb0b7020125ce283d701110db.jpg

Edited by paulobrien

Same problem with mine, same side as well!! it's due to moisture penetration, can see some condensation inside. They are replacing the control unit, took about 3 weeks for the parts to come in. 

Same problem with mine, same side as well!! it's due to moisture penetration, can see some condensation inside. They are replacing the control unit, took about 3 weeks for the parts to come in. 

How changing the control unit going to stop moisture getting inside headlight?

Mine is going in AGAIN for the same issue on Thursday. Drivers side DRL intermittently failing. It happened before and after a number of attempts I insisted that the whole headlight would be changed which they did. Worked ok for about 2 months but has just started failing again. I do believe it's connected to the wet weather but surely this is something that they can address.

Frustrating it is definitely.

I hope they can also fix the annoying rattle coming somewhere from the dashboard or the overhead unit where the controller for the Pano roof it. Plus squeaking drivers seat.

According to the dealer it's water ingress in the control unit, they brought it into the waiting area to show me. :)

New one should be here tomorrow apparently so I will update then...

P

Edited by paulobrien

I noticed that the seal cap (behind the headlight unit) on the faulty DRL was not tightened up properly. I was surprised by the amount of force needed to properly close it. Took about 2-3 weeks to fully expelled the moisture (opening the seal cap and driving the car during sunny weather helped a lot).

Ever since the seal cap was properly tightened, never have moisture inside the headlight again. 

Perhaps check those sealing cap and see if they have been tightened accordingly. 

I'm assuming the control unit is located inside the headlight itself. 

• 2 years later...
On 15/10/2014 at 15:43, paulobrien said:

Part came in next day and is being fitted as we speak...

P

Just out of interest whereabouts did you take yours for repair in norfolk. I live in sheringham and bought mine from Walkers in Kings Lynn and after 9 months having the same issue.I take its a bumper off job.