Rear Brake Adjustment

laserman

Hi All,

After some advice please had a brake fluid leakage from the os wheel cylinder, duly replaced with no issues.

However cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the drum back on, I don't see any cam adjusters or star adjustment.

Been dwelling on this for a few days so frustrating researched on the web few suggestions alas didn't help, changed shoes 

& cylinders on other cars but always had adjusters.

Please please can someone help with clear explanation or diagram, be much appreciated this end feel foolish & frustrated in

equal measure.

The car is Fabia Mark 1   1.4 tdi      54 plate

Luckily have another car been using will trying to resolve this.     Arrggghh   

Big thank you to anyone who can assist....

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for replies yes handbrake is off, car is in my garage at the moment on a jack.

The wedge is that the bar that goes between the shoes?    One end has a spring attached I just need to push that end up

on the wedge,

I presume then until I get the drum on, how about final adjustment?  Or as it's automatic shoes should align correctly.

Thanks so much.

The wedge is that the bar that goes between the shoes?    One end has a spring attached I just need to push that end up

on the wedge,

Nope, the wedge is the bit with the big red arrow pointing to it. Move it upwards against the spring and then put the drum back on. The brakes will adjust themselves afterwards.

untitled.jpg