New car ordered... Now the long wait

Hi all, new to this part of the forum but ive been watching with interests these past couple of months.

Im due to change my current company car and the order finally went in today. Ive opted for a metal grey octavia vrs estate. Ive speccd a few options, including keyless entry, aac, Electric boot and Columbus, elec mirrors, black pack (grill, mirror covers etc), winter pack and sunset glass.

I can't wait until it arrives. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on perspective) , my current car doesn't go back until the end of March.

Im already looking forward to having a fiddle in vcds

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah, ive asked the question but am under no illusions. My current car (a passat cc gt) was quoted with a lead time of 4 month but actually took over 7 months to arrive. When asked a few weeks ago, i was told 20 weeks for a factory build. Im calling bs on that. However my plan is to request a courtesy car (a vrs estate if possible) once my car is s due to go back :)

If it's the same lease company who provide your current car that are providing the new one, then I would be very surprised if they don't just let you carry on driving around in the CC until the vRS is ready.  It'll be cheaper for them than providing you with a courtesy car... and the chances of them being able to get their hands on a vRS estate as a courtesy car anyway are less than non-existent!

Yeah, ive asked the question but am under no illusions. My current car (a passat cc gt) was quoted with a lead time of 4 month but actually took over 7 months to arrive. When asked a few weeks ago, i was told 20 weeks for a factory build. Im calling bs on that. However my plan is to request a courtesy car (a vrs estate if possible) once my car is s due to go back :)

In my experience, the lease company will just continue the lease on until your new one is ready. Or vice versa, if your new car is ready early, run the existing one until the end. All depends on your lease company, current mileage and any penalties for excess mileage.

It is the same lease company and last time, when the cc order over-ran, i was given a passat estate to drive around in at VW's expense. I will let you know what the official lead time is given as as soon as i get an answer

Like any good football transfer rumour, until the player is pictured in his new colours/ the Skoda keys are in your hand, don't believe a thing the Dealer/ lease company tell you. I've decided to forget i've ordered my first new car. It arrives when it arrives. 

• Like 1

Ordered mine last week (Company Car through a leasing company) and have been given a delivery date of 30/03/15...Last time I was swapping from a 2008 vRS they let me drive it for a month until the KIA Sportage arrived...Knowing what I know now I wish they'd let me drive my vRS until 30/03/15 :D

• Like 1

Ordered mine last week (Company Car through a leasing company) and have been given a delivery date of 30/03/15...Last time I was swapping from a 2008 vRS they let me drive it for a month until the KIA Sportage arrived...Knowing what I know now I wish they'd let me drive my vRS until 30/03/15 :D

Sound similar to what im being told. What spec did you go for? You didn't get on with the kia then i take it?

You deserve to wait for ever considering a KIA Sportage in all honesty....

You deserve to wait for ever considering a KIA Sportage in all honesty....

Well, everyone makes mistakes every now and then. The trick is to learn from them. Given another vrs is on order, it seems the lesson has indeed been learned!

In my defense, those damn environmentalists got a hold of our company car policy and all cars have to be under 140gms CO2 per km...At the time I would've been ordering a FL2 vRS which was 147 so it was a no go....As for the KIA, well let just say my 6 year old son keeps calling it an IKEA...Never a truer word said

Nothing against KIA - I had an Optima in the States which was a very capable car.  I think, certainly within the UK, the days have gone where a brand makes bad cars across the range.  I've caught myself lusting after a Hyundai Veloster recently, which is somewhat worrying. 

My comment was a little flippant, but those Sportage's are horrible hulks of metal.  I'm anti any car which is an off-roader, especially those which purport to be off-roaders/cross-overs but would struggle to ford a puddle (BMW GT series spring to mind!). 

fiisch - your comment was hilarious, perhaps my comment was too curt. It just struck me reading it something my dad said 15 years ago or so. He had a lovely new state Blue zetec Mondeo, and a of his friend sold Skoda's and drove a Felicia company car. Must have been 98 or 99, and the guy was furiously selling the virtues of the Felicia. i remember my old man sagely nodding along and then in private saying something to the effect of "you'll never catch me in one of those".

Fast forward to 2014 and I would be prepared to do something significantly illegal tonight if it sped up my new Skoda's delivery, Were my dad still around, i think he would have changed his mind by now. I cannot wait, it has the silhouette, build quality and technology of much grander marques, excellent customer satisfaction marks, and was about the same price as the 8 year old, diesel only, 'common-or-garden' Mondeo . Some friends have looked a little confused when they see how excited I am about a "skoda", but I'm sure they will come round once they have been out in it. What will we be saying about Kia, or Dacia, in another 15 years time...?

Indeed there has been an ongoing trend of recyclable jokes about various brands..."Why do <insert car brand>'s have heated rear windows? To keep your hands warm when you're pushing it!" "What do you call a <again, insert car brand> with a sunroof? A skip!". And I can remember when Skoda was the brand being inserted!...I think my issue with KIA is that it is a budget car brand and that is fair enough, but many would see Skoda as a budget car brand too and coming from my '08 to the brand new KIA in '11 the build quality of the KIA was really bad....Also, I think its like when you but your first big screen TV..First couple of days everything is amazing, then its just normal...I thought driving in the high up position was great for the first few days...And then it just became normal and unfortunately the Sportage has very little else in its bag for entertainment value...Whereas my last vRS never stopped entertaining the whole time I had it..

Anyways, enough of my highjacking the thread...New vRS on the way and I can't wait