Monte Carlo Tyres?

Both of those will increase the radius, the latter quite dramatically ie. 4cm! 

I don't think changing tyres will have much effect anyway. My winter tyres are 45 section (but on 16" steels) and there isn't much noticeable ride comfort improvement. It's the trade off of buying the "sports" oriented model.

You could try tracking down some decent 16" alloys and go up to a 50 section.

Edited by TeebsVRS

The 205/40 R 17 Sport Max are about the smallest tyre side walls you will find on that size of tyre.

The Pirelli Zero Nero is 205/40 R 17 are actually a bit taller in the side wall than most other 205 /40 R 17

when you measure them side by side.

Nice strong side walls, 

but a rather hard ride.

(Pirelli Zero Nero 205/40 R 17 were the Tyres Skoda fitted to cars once Drivers complained enough about 'Pulling to the Left'.)

I changed 205/40 R 17 Pirelli for 215/40 R 17 because the Narrower ones were just too hard.

*Good tyres in 215/40 R 17 in my opinion for giving the rims some protection and a good enough ride 

& OK Traction.*

I like the Dunlop Sport Max, but after wrecking a few tyres sidewalls,

i just use them for special occasions, like driving warm and un-potholed roads.

Going soon for a blast around some favourite routes while the weather is dry & warm before going to change over 

to 16" Rims/tyres for the Winter months.

Edited by goneoffSKi