Major overhaul in 2015

Did you guys read Autocar this week? This is a quote from the column on page 15 from the latest edition

' SKODA'S Rapid range will get a major overhaul in 2015, when the previous generation PQ26 platform is updated to include Volkswagen's new MQB engines and updated electron and safety system. Since launch, the cars has also undergone changes to improve ride, handling and refinement. Early versions of the new Octavia, which suffered from a poor ride and noise intrusion from the rear axle, triggered engineering updates now in production.'

There has been so many developments to the Rapid over the last 2 years and now this, I wonder whether Skoda will finally admit they got it wrong? That they should not have put a car that is developed for China for sale in Europe? The 2015 revision sounded like it will turn the new Rapid into the Fabia +, which may well be a good thing, based on the good reviews the Fabia has received so far.

• Like 1

There has been so many developments to the Rapid over the last 2 years and now this, I wonder whether Skoda will finally admit they got it wrong? That they should not have put a car that is developed for China for sale in Europe?

I don't think so as it would have to get the new engines next year anyhow due to European emissions regulations.

All Skodas will get the EU6 engines by June next year so I guess they'll facelift the Rapid at the same time.

• Like 1