Which tyres for the SE? 195/55 r15

Just looking at tyre options for the SE. Its not ready quite yet but i dont particularly like the ones that are fitted so im looking into my options at the moment.

Its currently got Bridgestone Turanza ER 300's on at the moment. The grip isnt an issue most of the time (with a 70hp engine, its never going to be really) but its the noise that i dont like. Theyre really noisey!

So. I was thinking of sitting this winter out with summer tyres (i dont really need to drive it as such. So ill manage) then towards the end of next year getting a set of steelies and fitting winter tyres to them.

Would i be best off doing that, or just fitting some 'all season' tyres?

What tyres do you guys recommend? I want good grip in wet and dry, low noise ratings and i dont want them making my steering less responsive. Wear and longevity isnt really an issue as i dont do that many miles anyway.

Cheers!

This is a decision I have to make soon.

Like you I have Turanza ER300's at the moment. These have to win first prize for noise - they are appalling going over gravelled roads!!

If I stand by the roadside while my wife pulls away - you can actually hear rear tyre noise being generated right from a very low speed.The other side of the coin is that grip-wise they are very good in all weather conditions. Our first Fabia was fitted with conti's (not too bad for noise). The second car with Dunlop (quite noisey) the third car, Turanza's ughhhhhh!!!!!!!

It would be nice to hear from anyone using Michelin tyres, how they find them for noise. In years past Michelin were the favoured 'quiet' tyre.

Some time ago I asked if any forum members were using Michelin - but surprisingly got zero response at that time.

Edited by 2ndskoda
  • Like 1

Somebody on here not so long ago (i cant remember who it was :() told me never to get Michelin primacy tyres as the grip level is so appalling.

I was keen to look into michelins as i always have them on my bikes and i love the pilot road 3's.

After hearing what he had to say though. I dont think I'll bother.

I've been recommended Goodyear vector 4 seasons in another thread which after a read up, seem to be favourite at the moment. £400 a set though. Id rather pay for quality when it comes to tyres though, so that doesnt bother me too much

Not all 'Michelin Primacy' are the same.

Winter time i have driven with 'Michelin Primacy Alpin' PA3 & liked them.

I wonder what Low Rolling Resistance tyres Skoda are fitting to the All New Fabia.

Low Rolling Resistance, Low Grip, poor traction & braking ECO Tyres that either last ages or no time.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Recently changed 2 oe Bridgestone ER300 (noisy as hell) for all-season Vredestein Quatrac Lites put on back axle. Much quieter. Too early to give further comment.

The Vredestein is one of the few all season tyres availaible in 195/55/15 size.

I had Primacy HP on the Octy for 75,000km.  Grip was enough to make the dog fall off the seat & the missus punch me on the shoulder.  I never had any brown pants moments with them.

Have RE050A now & they are miles better but I'd have the Primacy HP again

• Like 1

Recently changed 2 oe Bridgestone ER300 (noisy as hell) for all-season Vredestein Quatrac Lites put on back axle. Much quieter. Too early to give further comment.

The Vredestein is one of the few all season tyres availaible in 195/55/15 size.

I think concrete tyres would be quieter haha.

Let us know how you get on please mate :)