Sports Exhaust for 1,4 tsi

Thread tidied.

Either answer the question or refrain from posting.

Aggressive or insulting points are subject to warning points or a possible ban.

Also please only post in English, as it is against site rules to use any other language.

Briskoda staff 

Thread tidied.

Whilst I agree with all the points you make, what's wrong with asking someone why they want to do something?  OK, the question could have been phrased a lot better, but it's a fair question nonetheless and contributes to the discussion.

Valid point.

It seemed to be catalyst for a war of words, so judged it to be better off removed. 

Maybe you can ask the question instead

And that is way this is the only forum I have ever took part in.

Love the pun...exhaust...catalyst ......please don't ban me!

• Like 1

I don't think _just_ an exhaust will do much for his performance, the car being stock anyway. Custom exhausts are usually paired with engine modifications. 

Hence my earlier question - 'why', if he's after the sound alone there are far cheaper/easier alternatives.

People should think and think again before they post, my response was not meant to incite anything, just trying to help.

Diango, I think some of your previous comments may have been misinterpreted as a vRS owner looking down their nose at a lesser engined model.  The sports exhaust maybe the first of many mods the OP has planned for their car or it maybe the next of many which they don't care to admit in an open forum, its not really for us to second guess IMHO but, I could be wrong.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Exactly, so now you might see why my initial open 'why' was not such a strange question - having more info makes for more detailed answers ;).

I don't look down on anyone, I'm very happy to be able and drive a vRS now - but I have driven old bangers for years (Peugeot 205, old beemers, etc) before I worked my way up to where I am now. 

Being able to purchase and/or lease a new car is great no matter what the engine and I'm sure he is just as chuffed with it as I am with mine.

I have NOT "settled" for a 1,4 tsi i could buy whatever i want. But here i Denmark we cant use a VRS. The stupid Police are everywere. So buying a car thats faster than a 1,4 tsi is waste of good Money. I just want the car to Sound a little better/more. Current my car has 182 BHP and thats just fine. But i needs that little. Rrrrrrrrrrr Sound.

I went to Sweden for a few weeks last year and have heard the stories yes... fines are through the roof and you lose your license doing 30 over the limit, so I kept calm while on vacation.

Some people still think speed kills, which to me sounds the same as 'guns kill'. Of course speed is always a factor... but let's not get into that discussion here and now. 

If you are only after the sound you could A) get an end-pipe / muffler (available at your local aftermarket shop) for (at least here in the Netherlands) as little as a hundred euro's (I don't know how much that is in DKR) or B) use a soundbox. They come in internal and external variants and mimic the sound of whatever engine you fancy. A little more expensive but the advantage is you can turn them down/off whereas an aftermarket muffler or end-pipe will attract more unwanted attention because the often exceed legal limits. The vRS has an internal soundbox called an 'actuator' which mimics (in my case) a sort of V8 rumble and pipes it through the speakers.

If you don't want to (negatively) impact the performance/mileage of your vehicle I would go with one of these and not completely replace the exhaust system.

- edit -

on my second read-through... 182BHP from a 1.4 TSI? That sounds like it's been chipped to me... rather counterintuitive with your claim of not being able to use a vRS there ;).

Edited by Diango

Diango, Aknedude said "stupid Police" hence he drives a sleeper, doesn't look like a vRS hence, he doesn't get followed as much as a vRS, only if seen by the "stupid Police" in the act of driving too fast will he get a pull from the plod.  182BHP in a car that light, gotta think 7 second to 62 is very acheivable, great stuff.

I'm looking for the same thing for my MK7 Golf estate, as of yet nothing!

As for why................I replaced the standard exhaust on my MK1 Fabia 1.4 16V 100BHP way back in May 2006 with a Remus sports back box with one pair of chrome pipes (twin). The back box was made of stainless steel, fully sound engineered for the car, TUV approved etc., etc.  

That back box is still fine, looks the part & makes a much more "purposeful" sound, quiet, but burbles, & fits the engine better. A standard OEM exhaust would have rusted many years ago! So it is better in the long run financially as well!

I suggest that people broaden their horizons before "belittling" others views! 

Who is belittling anyone?

@ themanwithnoaim: 60 pounds is cheap considering what they charged me...

But what does a quarter of a ban mean? You get to pull this 3 more times before things get serious?

How much would doing 31 km/h over the limit cost you in Denmark? I just got fined today... first one in many years but still painful :-).

35 kmh over the speedlimit will cost 350£ and 3 years probation and a new drivingtest that wil cost 500£ in Denmark a driverslicence cost 1600£

I have paid. 270,000 dkr for my 1,4 tsi. In £ thats 27000,- a VRS cost 48500£ for a 5door hatch.

We have the higest taxes in the World

Christ, are those real Pounds Sterling? 

So my little altercation with the stealth arm of the law (they drive unmarked fast cars here) would have costs me my license for 3 years plus at least a thousand euros?

1.4 tsi estate elegance (no DSG) starts on 301.000 NOK. That's 28500£.

So I think Norway "beats" Denmark (not a good competition to win though). That being said, I think the taxes might be higher in Denmark on a new car. Here the car itself is a little expensiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that the vendors reduce car prices to compensate for taxation. In the Netherlands it is often said we have both the cheapest and the most expensive cars in Europe / the World: before and after tax...

Who is belittling anyone?

@ themanwithnoaim: 60 pounds is cheap considering what they charged me...

But what does a quarter of a ban mean? You get to pull this 3 more times before things get serious?

1/4 of a ban is 3 points, get to 12 and they give you a ban how long depends on how much bull**** to can pile up and generally if its belivable bull****, invalid dependant really works a treat, likelyhood of losing employment, I have seen some get the ban down to as little as 3 weeks

Oh that's more or less a given here. If they confiscate your license on the spot (which they can do if you really 'stood out' if you get my drift) it will take you weeks to even appeal to get it back. 

Even if your appeal is successful and they (for the time being) return your license to you (awaiting a hearing/trial) you will have been license-less for at least several weeks.