1st service price

Hi all,i have a late 2012 cthe vrs due its 1st service on variable servicing. My local skoda approved dealer has said £162 and when I quoted £139 as advertised on skoda website he said that is for cars over 3 years (should I pay this as I would rather take it here than save a few quid and take it to a Halford or similar).

Also the car goes a bit to the left when driving is this normal or is it something that can be fixed through my 5 year extended warranty (Ps tracking has been checked when girlfriend kerbed it and it needed new tyres) any help would be appreciated from a very happy vrs owner) thanks.

Hello leobella.

Who is the dealer you got the quote from? Rivervale? (I'm in the BN area but take mine to Birchwood in Eastbourne who provide a top-notch service all round).

I would suggest getting your car onto the Hunter machine at Setyres. They checked my wheel alignment soon after the car was new and adjusted to the proper settings. Apparently quite common to have it 'out a bit' from the factory.

Please do not go to Halfords.

Just too risky.

If that Dealer does not want to service your car at the proper price, because they do not participate in

National Pricing or they are and think that Older Cars should pay less than newer then give them a miss.

(Fixed Servicing can mean they get away with using VW 502 & not VW 504 Long Life and there is a price difference.)

Go ask at a VW Dealership about a service for Variable Servicing with Long Life Oil.

That protects your Warranty.

£169 is probably not a rip off, 

it is a Full Service and a new Pollen Filter,

The VW Dealer might be able to do the Alignment Check and Readjustment correctly.

& the Service,

Any Software Update etc.

Has your DSG had the Service Campaign Field Action?

Edited by goneoffSKi

Hi yes it is rivervale(I bought the car from Birchwood Eastbourne) but to take it there is 2 hours of my time maybe just to save a few pounds and rivervale is 5 mins from me I live in southwick. (as for dsg recall it is the first I have heard about it) car seems to be running well thanks.

Letters were sent out to some Registered Keepers by VW or by Skoda Dealers.

A Service Campaign since May 2014.

DSG Checked , Synthetic Oil changed to Mineral Oil, ECU Update, Road Test, Sticker in the Boot.

No Cost to the owner.

Not all needed doing and it is your option to have it done, 

but if the Computer Shows yours needs doing, you are asked to sign that you do not want it.

That might affect Good Will from Skoda in the Future.

• Like 1

Hi all,rivervale phoned me and said it needs a major inspection service and pollen filter and price is now £245 as more time required and a recall on a few things one of them being my heated seats.skoda have changed the routine on my vrs variable service plan according to them on there system as they are officially skoda repair garage. (they are now collecting on Friday) thanks.

Don't let them charge you additional labour for recall work, a recall is a recall and that's up to Skoda to pay for the labour and parts used, only pay the labour for the Service.

Don't let them charge you additional labour for recall work, a recall is a recall and that's up to Skoda to pay for the labour and parts used, only pay the labour for the Service.

Hi,no recall labour charge included.

Hi all,rivervale phoned me and said it needs a major inspection service and pollen filter and price is now £245 as more time required and a recall on a few things one of them being my heated seats.skoda have changed the routine on my vrs variable service plan according to them on there system as they are officially skoda repair garage. (they are now collecting on Friday) thanks.

£245 they are taking the **** K

I paid £240 to have a Major Service Carried out on a 1.4 TSI Twin Charger @ a VW Dealership.

That was with a Air Filter, Pollen Filter & Full Synthetic Long Life Oil.

With Spark Plugs it is £300.

The Same is sometimes quoted at Skoda Dealership £249,

bit it is £349 with the Spark Plugs.

£245 for a Major Service without a Air Filter is too much.