Spotify Connect on Android with Columbus ICE?

Can anyone tell me if Spotify Connect works on Android devices with the Columbus ICE system? I want to know if anyone can confirm the head unit and steering wheel media controls work properly with the app via bluetooth or usb.

Cheers.

If I'm playing Spotify on my nexus 5 when I connect to the car it plays and will let me pause and skip tracks, sometimes it gets the artwork too, other times it doesn't

Thanks for the info.

Are you able to navigate the 'Your Music' section of Spotify via the Columbus touch screen in order to switch playlists, albums or artists? Or can you literally just skip the current playlist tracks back and forth?

With mine (bolero) via bluetooth, just skip and pause, no menu control, does anything have menu support though? Saying that, I havent heard of the connect feature before on spotify. What would you connect it via?

Can anyone tell me if Spotify Connect works on Android devices with the Columbus ICE system? I want to know if anyone can confirm the head unit and steering wheel media controls work properly with the app via bluetooth or usb.

Cheers.

My Columbus definitely doesn't have Spotify Connect ability. I use Spotify Connect on my Beoplay A9 (and sending to other tablet/phone devices) and it's great. I believe it requires specific hardware, which I don't think the Columbus has. Only around a dozen devices have built in Connect ability, none of which are car audio as far as I can tell. Shame, 'cause it would be perfect in a car.

As others have said, I can control Spotify on my Android phone (Oneplus One) via bluetooth on the Columbus with the play/pause and skip functions. Like V6Jules, I'll sometimes get album art too, but not often. Usually I get the God awful stock pictures of music genres - it gets it wrong about 50% of the time and the pictures look like they were picked by a 70 year old who Googled music genre pictures from the 1990's. I'd rather have a music symbol or text than the images they've chosen...off topic though...

• Like 1

Cheers for all the feedback to everyone.

I used a Ford hire car recently that had a dedicated spotify menu interface over bluetooth. When connected, my Samsung Note 3 only displayed a , Spotify for Ford' splash screen. The head unit was able to navigate all of the category menu's etc.

I was impressed by it and was hoping this functionality may have migrated onto the rns 510 head units.

But I can live with it if it only skips tracks in the current playlist.

My Columbus definitely doesn't have Spotify Connect ability. I use Spotify Connect on my Beoplay A9 (and sending to other tablet/phone devices) and it's great. I believe it requires specific hardware, which I don't think the Columbus has. Only around a dozen devices have built in Connect ability, none of which are car audio as far as I can tell. Shame, 'cause it would be perfect in a car.

As others have said, I can control Spotify on my Android phone (Oneplus One) via bluetooth on the Columbus with the play/pause and skip functions. Like V6Jules, I'll sometimes get album art too, but not often. Usually I get the God awful stock pictures of music genres - it gets it wrong about 50% of the time and the pictures look like they were picked by a 70 year old who Googled music genre pictures from the 1990's. I'd rather have a music symbol or text than the images they've chosen...off topic though...

This answered my question before I could ask!

Got columbus in fabia and wanted to know if it works Spotify on android before I got new phone!

You don't happen to have any invite codes for a oneplus one do you?? Keep missing the open invites days!!

This answered my question before I could ask!

Got columbus in fabia and wanted to know if it works Spotify on android before I got new phone!

You don't happen to have any invite codes for a oneplus one do you?? Keep missing the open invites days!!

Sorry Chris, I don't! Great phone at a very reasonable price. I'm wanting invites myself. I've bought 3 to date: myself, wife, and a friend. Latter two through invites from the first. I'm after 2 more for other friends. Pre-order open again for an hour on the 17th (18th my time) http://preorder.oneplus.net I'll be up at 5am to chance my arm and order a couple more!

Edit: will give you a yell if i do end up with invites!

Edited by kitset

Going from iphone to a kinda unknown android so it's a gamble but heard good things!

I'll try and be up in time for preorders!!

Appreciated if you got a spare invite, if I get any I'll let you know as well