Curse Of The Swing

I bought a new Fabia Hatch GreenLine in September this year. It has eight speakers and came fitted with a Swing.

I have just purchased the latest model of Columbus (model K/L) and wired it in.

Yet my Swing sounds better than the Columbus!

Even after 20 minutes playing with the Treble/Mid/Bass settings and using different sources, the Swing just drives a fuller-sounding bass and better toned Treble. I have had the same problem when I install an aftermarket radio too!

What gives? Anyone else noticed this?

I had a Columbus but always found the treble too shrill for my ears. I tried fitting an amp and aftermarket speakers which helped, but I still couldn't get the sound to my taste. In the end, I went with a Kenwood DNX521 DAB and am now driving around in musical heaven! It was the only issue I had with the car, and after much expense, it's solved.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Maybe changing the front speakers would be a possibility?

the Kenwood looks too fancy for my liking, and I'm not prepared to spend more money on speakers I know are perfectly capable of sounding great, even without an extra amp.

I think I'll sell the Columbus, I don't have maxi dot, so it's funny enough looking down every so often to check the nav. I don't particularly navigate heavily anyway, although I've always preferred in-built navs.

I did a bit of looking around and found this. Seems like it's a widespread issue.

Quite disappointed, maybe I'll use the money for a bluetooth kit on my Swing.